Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2730313233343536373839404142 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    to wheel or not wheel, that was not the question.

To limit the ownership to historical transfer of technology, is just BS, the point is where do limit technology transfer.
    bingo

You have moved the goal posts, from transfer of technology to a contractual issues, not the same thing at all.
    you are great

You have moved the goal posts, from transfer of technology to a contractual issues, not the same thing at all.
    There is a sense in the which the oil is theirs and it is not.

I might have a certain gene that permits me to fight off a certain cancer naturally. My daughter might get cancer. Those who isolated that particular gene of mine can patent it - in a sense it is theirs - not mine. And in another sense it is mine and not theirs.

If I wish for it to be harvested and put to use to save my daughters life then there is a sense in which I am giving it to them. In that sense it is theirs and not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by thermophysics View Post
    Not if you give them a contractual right to come over and set shop up in your country. If you let them do this then the oil is theirs. And if you try take those factories from them they will come and bomb you away from it - like Libya.
    you make fell like we live in the wood

To limit the ownership to historical transfer of technology, is just BS, the point is where do limit technology transfer.
    It is a little like baldness or the heap. The Sorites Paradox.

The matter permits of paradoxes and borderline cases.

That is why there are contracts - to try create clear boundaries where otherwise there is vagueness and indefinites.

Just because drawing a distinction is hard to make it does not mean that cut off points cannot be agreed between interested parties.

What should the speed limit be in my village? 29mph, 30mph or maybe 33mph?

We simply agree to settle on 30mph - even though it would make little difference going for 30.5 mph.

There is a sense in the which the oil is theirs and it is not.

I might have a certain gene that permits me to fight off a certain cancer naturally. My daughter might get cancer. Those who isolated that particular gene of mine can patent it - in a sense it is theirs - not mine. And in another sense it is mine and not theirs.

If I wish for it to be harvested and put to use to save my daughters life then there is a sense in which I am giving it to them. In that sense it is theirs and not mine.
    As a sovereign nation then it is theirs, unless covered by some agreement, "lease hold" instead of "free hold", and like any lease hold , some form of payment is made to the owner of the freehold.

and by the way, (excluding the Israel issue) I think most of the shyte that happen in the ME is about the oil

As a sovereign nation then it is theirs, unless covered by some agreement, "lease hold" instead of "free hold", and like any lease hold , some form of payment is made to the owner of the freehold.

and by the way, (excluding the Israel issue) I think most of the shyte that happen in the ME is about the oil
    Libya was going to nationalise British, American oil and the oil of other western nations in Libya - Kaboom!! They forgot the oil is no longer theirs - in a certain sense.

Libya was going to nationalise British, American oil and the oil of other western nations in Libya - Kaboom!! They forgot the oil is no longer theirs - in a certain sense.
    Well that was contractual, was the contact valid and fair. Not the same thing as transfer of technology which was your original point

I bring this up only because of issues with the indigenous people of NZ, and how contracts were written or even interpreted/manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by kefah View Post
    i Will be proud of killing US army soldier in Iraq
    Most Americans will find this statement chilling and quite offensive. But considering what Bush and his followers ended up doing to your country, I can honestly say if I were you, I would probably feel the same way.

Kefah can i ask you if you are a Sunni?

Sorry for jumping in so late but I'd like to say something in regards to the OP.

If tendencies in America are any indication, and I suspect this is happening in other countries as well, though certainly not all of them; I think the religion of the coming generations will be more and more often "None". Young people (30 and younger) today are much more critical of the ideas of religion and much more likely not to adopt religion than their parents and grand-parents were. This is not to criticize any particular religion (plenty of that going on already!) but rather to hypothesize that religious people, esp. ones that promote intolerance and/or violence, will be increasingly met with resistance and criticism from growing secularism.

24 hours after someone invented the Lawyer
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    24 hours after someone invented the Lawyer
    How right, do not start me on that subject. All i can say is F************************************************* ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************* money

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Most Americans will find this statement chilling and quite offensive. But considering what Bush and his followers ended up doing to your country, I can honestly say if I were you, I would probably feel the same way.

Kefah can i ask you if you are a Sunni?
    Well now I can see Kefah being very angry over what has happened to his country since we first attacked the Iraqi Army in Kuwait. That IMHO never should have happened. Only Iran and Israel benefited from that terrible mistake.

We have lost over a trillion dollars and still counting over this total fiasco and the rest of the world in the trillions also over 911, the world wide war against Islamic terrorists, security costs, wars in Afghan and Iraq and chaos over the whole world and especially in N Africa and the ME with the Arab Spring.

Now after all that the US Military is trying to prevent further chaos in Iraq and if Kefah can't see and understand that then he is too far gone with hate and bitterness to think rationally.

I will give you my take on this whole sorry episode. Saddam was told that we wouldn't intervene if Iraq attacked Kuwait by our State Department. I think this was a set up so when he invaded Kuwait we would have an excuse to overthrow him.

He was Israel's worst enemy. He was bankrolling the PLO and every time Israel bulldozed down a Palestinian home he would pay for the cost of a new one. When he did invade we drove him out but the coalition didn't want him overthrown so we destroyed his army and drove him out of Kuwait to the delight of Iran.

Then the second war was purely a war to over throw him with a flimsy excuse and destroy Israel's biggest enemy once and for all. Israel and Iran were ecstatic over this. We had no interest served by this or the first war. We have been screwed ever since and so has the whole world especially the ME except for Israel.

Saying all this I want to say that I consider the Quran a book designed to destroy the non Muslim civilized world and turn us all back to the 7th century and I now have to think that Kefah is no friend of the US if he desires to kill American soldiers. Anyhow that is how I feel about this whole sordid affair. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2730313233343536373839404142 LastLast