Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trane Eagle---Not for Contractors Anymore

Has anyone tried to renew their Trane Eagle subscription.......only to be told that Trane is no longer selling/supporting Eagle for mechanical contractors!! This is bullsh*t!! Talk about getting hostile to independents! Now if you want a service bulletin you have to call the branch office? Just when you thought it could not get worse.

eagle

I have renewed my eagle software a few months ago, but was told it would be obsolete soon.
    That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
    Frank
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Relax guys, At Trane parts ask for an ID and password for comfortsite. You can get info, parts CATS, part inventory, and order parts. Trust me its better.

It wouldn't surprize me but

I was told about 2 years ago the CD version was going to be obsoleted and replaced by a web based subscription service. The information would remain the same, however you would just download the info you needed. I will call my Trane supplier on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by ej45 View Post
    Relax guys, At Trane parts ask for an ID and password for comfortsite. You can get info, parts CATS, part inventory, and order parts. Trust me its better.
    www.ComfortSite.com
    Trane Parts Store can sign you up.
    What are you waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by kwillmech View Post
    www.ComfortSite.com
    Trane Parts Store can sign you up.
    What are you waiting for?
    BS, I will never sign up. I work for Trane, and if they discontinue Eagle, well,
    I guess I will be missing out on a lot of Service Bulletins.
    I live in the country and get intenet service over dial up at 28.8 on a good day.

I doubt they will do away with Eagle completely. There are still quite a few of us that don't go to the office but once every couple weeks and cant get fiber optic or cable at the house.
    Even if I could, I really don't want to spend my evenings purusing and downloading service bulletins.

Quote Originally Posted by drivewizard View Post
    BS, I will never sign up. I work for Trane, and if they discontinue Eagle, well,
    I guess I will be missing out on a lot of Service Bulletins.
    I live in the country and get intenet service over dial up at 28.8 on a good day.

I doubt they will do away with Eagle completely. There are still quite a few of us that don't go to the office but once every couple weeks and cant get fiber optic or cable at the house.
    Even if I could, I really don't want to spend my evenings purusing and downloading service bulletins.

But Comfortsite is so much better than Eagle, IMHO

it may very well be, but, if I am on a job and need a service bulletin 99.9% of the time I don't have access to the internet at that site.
    If I wait till I get home, then I am looking stuff up on my own time. Which I seem to do alot of the time anyway, but this would double or triple that time.
    Plus I do not have the option of getting anything faster than dial up access, maybe I could get the company to pay for Satellite Internet?
    Wonder how that would go over on my next expense report???

Welcome to the 21st Century.

See your mgr and get the verizon wireless card you can get to the portal anywhere you can get phone reception and the connection is faster than standard dsl.

I'm using Verizon ..Nationwide Access ...to read this ...

Well I can't speak for franchise offices, but corp owned office all techs have laptops with wireless, so I just find a hotspot and use my VPN client to access My Standard and E library, and our office is doing a trial on sprint broadband cards, if all goes well all laptops will have broadband cards, then no access issues. Lets hope!
    Trane service, and Supertek65 fan club president, midwest chapter

Yes I think a Trane employee would know this. I have Verizon in mine as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast