+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help finding special solenoid valves

Post Likes

Need help finding special solenoid valves

Hello, hoping someone can help. I have been searching suppliers without any luck. I am working on a heat recovery application, need to find direct acting, fully bidirectional, normally open solenoid valves rated for r410a. The idea is that the valve would be all-electric and not need any pressure differential. I currently have a test unit working with a hack, using a bypass consisting of opposing parallel sets of normally open solenoids, each with check valves on the outlet side. Looking for a more simple way of doing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Hey thanks. Unfortunately these normally open valves are not rated for r410a. Anyhow, they require a pressure differential. It may be that no such valve as I need exists due to rare demand. If anyone has any more ideas I would appreciate it.

Post Likes
    What line size?

Post Likes
    The current platform is 5/8, but ultimately I need 1/2, 5/8, and 7/8.

Seems odd that after all this time that r410a has been in play, there are still so many r22 valves that have no r410a equivalent.

Post Likes
    Check with HEATCRAFT in their heat reclaim valves. These valves are used in R410 pool heat pump systems. If you need a model number then I can go look at the spare I carry in my van but you should be able to find these valves on line. They work off an electric solenoid but they do have a small line that goes from the solenoid to the other side of the valve so they may be pressure operated.

Also, there are NC & NO electric solenoid valves that can do the same thing that you are looking for. And they are also inside of R410 systems. Check the factory operating pressure specs and I'll bet you will see they can work for your application.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by terawatt View Post
    The current platform is 5/8, but ultimately I need 1/2, 5/8, and 7/8.

Seems odd that after all this time that r410a has been in play, there are still so many r22 valves that have no r410a equivalent.

Those are a little small for what I had in mind.

I've not seen bi-flow solenoid valves, so I was thinking motorized ball valves, but in 1/2", the size, weight and cost might be prohibitive.

I've never seen them that small, it might be an avenue to pursue, though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in