+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: refrigerant scale

Post Likes

refrigerant scale

ive been using the wireless field piece scale for the past couple of years never really satisfied with it. now when i turn it on it will synchronize and work ok for about ten minutes but then it will loose signal no matter how many times i resync it wont connect im tired of hassling with it. ive only used it no more than 10 times. yes ive tried new batteries but the same thing. ill have weighed in 20 lbs then it crapped out i gotta gage in the other 30 lbs.

What scale do yall recommend from personal experience? i seen there is one affiliated with the bluevac gage i like the idea of stopping the refrigerant flow once charge is complete. i wont buy another wireless scale again

Post Likes
    I've gotten at least 50 views but still no replies??? No body uses refrigerant scales? I know that's not possible

Post Likes
    I use a Inficon scale.....it's about 7 years old now and works great.
    http://www.inficonrefrigerantchargin...gingscale.html

Post Likes
    I personally use a cheap one from ebay. never had any problems with it.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Elec...265e27&vxp=mtr
    "If you've eliminated all other possibilities whatever remains must be the truth."

Post Likes
    I have used a Tiff scale , probably had that the longest, started to give trouble so I bought another brand, believe it was a Uniweld or something similar, liked that one as I could set it to read in ounces only as that was how we recorded it in our system.Sold that one when I got rid of some old equipment. bought the Fieldpiece and have been using that now for under a year. The only complaint is it will only read in pounds and ounces, so on every job I have to convert to ounces to record in our system keep a calculator in the bag with it.
    Pros and cons for all three, I like the fact that the fieldpiece is wireless, but the fact that it will only read in one set of measurements is a disadvantage to me.
    I have had problems with the scale display being tethered to the unit, moved the head around and the weight changes, also where they have stopped reading correctly.
    So it's the flip of the coin on which one to get and how reliable they will be.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    Indoor Air Quality Master Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

Post Likes
    CPS CC220 scale.

It failed on my one time, in -10 weather on a roof. I don't know that the failure was weather related, but it crapped at the worst time.

Shop sent it out, had it repaired and it's still kicking.

Post Likes
    TIF 9010a, its accurate down to the tenth of an ounce. Ive had it for a few years and its seen plenty of abuse and keeps on ticking.
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.heatingandcoolingservicesinc.com

Post Likes
    Tif 9010a very durable, havent had any problems with it.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Just received my BluVac, in registering it online I noticed they also have other products, including Scales. I was very interested to read about one of the scales they offer which does exactly what my second scale did, that is you can set it to read in ounces only, pounds and ounces etc, and if the quality is anything like the BluVac it should last a long time. www.accutools.com to see if these scales might be what you are looking for.
    RSES Member.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    NATE Core.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    CPS CC220 scale.

It failed on my one time, in -10 weather on a roof. I don't know that the failure was weather related, but it crapped at the worst time.

Shop sent it out, had it repaired and it's still kicking.
    Ditto. The CPS 220 is our company standard. Works almost every time. Like JP, mine decided to act up once on a really cold day. Put it in the truck with the heat on for a little while and then it started working again.

Post Likes
    I have had my tiff for about 15yrs and it has never let me down. It works like the day I bought it. I have had no experience with anything else however.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky05 View Post
    Just received my BluVac, in registering it online I noticed they also have other products, including Scales. I was very interested to read about one of the scales they offer which does exactly what my second scale did, that is you can set it to read in ounces only, pounds and ounces etc, and if the quality is anything like the BluVac it should last a long time. www.accutools.com to see if these scales might be what you are looking for.
    They also have a nice automatic charging attachment. I was hopeing someone would buy one a do a review on here. It is the same as the UEI scale.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    I use a Inficon scale.....it's about 7 years old now and works great.
    http://www.inficonrefrigerantchargin...gingscale.html
    Maybe you should give that to me. We both know you don't need it anymore. By the way, I never had a chance to congratulate you on the move. How is it so far. Brad is a good dude to work for. How do you like working on the PA side. Lot more chiefs then you are used to.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    Maybe you should give that to me. We both know you don't need it anymore. By the way, I never had a chance to congratulate you on the move. How is it so far. Brad is a good dude to work for. How do you like working on the PA side. Lot more chiefs then you are used to.
    Sending you a PM. Don't want to hijack the thread.

Post Likes
    i ended up buying the scale thats made by the bluvac company thingy. i got impatient when no one was tunning in, i wish i would have known to check out the recommended cps, or tif sale? they both look pretty good! ill see how this scale is once i get to use it ill let you know how it feels. but like most things works great when new!

Post Likes
    Please let us know about your experience with the scale, and which model did you get, if it really works out for you I will sell my fieldpiece and get one too.
    RSES Member.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    NATE Core.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    i ended up buying the scale thats made by the bluvac company thingy. i got impatient when no one was tunning in, i wish i would have known to check out the recommended cps, or tif sale? they both look pretty good! ill see how this scale is once i get to use it ill let you know how it feels. but like most things works great when new!
    Hi, Anthony.

I didn't see this thread until today. I am the designer and manufacturer of the BluVac and the DS-220R scale. Thank you for your purchase.

I hope you like it. If you have any questions or problems, you can call me directly at my office. The number is on my website at AccuTools.com.

Post Likes
    I just had the same problem today. Won't sync and I have used it about the same amount of times( 6 months old). Best part is, no over the counter exchange! I am going to get a fish scale.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar08 View Post
    I just had the same problem today. Won't sync and I have used it about the same amount of times( 6 months old). Best part is, no over the counter exchange! I am going to get a fish scale.
    Fieldpiece does do over counter exchanges. They just have to be approved by Fieldpiece. All you have to do is get your local distributor to call us at 714 634 1844 and we'll take it from there. Thanks!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar08 View Post
    yeah i got frustrated the first time it happened but on the second time i gave up i bought the ds-220R by accutools. i recieved it yesterday in the mail seems pretty good. i comes in a thin zip up case so i then stuck it into my fieldpiece case that has more padding for extra protection. im ready to use it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in