refrigerant scale - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    Maybe you should give that to me. We both know you don't need it anymore. By the way, I never had a chance to congratulate you on the move. How is it so far. Brad is a good dude to work for. How do you like working on the PA side. Lot more chiefs then you are used to.
    Sending you a PM. Don't want to hijack the thread.

i ended up buying the scale thats made by the bluvac company thingy. i got impatient when no one was tunning in, i wish i would have known to check out the recommended cps, or tif sale? they both look pretty good! ill see how this scale is once i get to use it ill let you know how it feels. but like most things works great when new!

Please let us know about your experience with the scale, and which model did you get, if it really works out for you I will sell my fieldpiece and get one too.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    i ended up buying the scale thats made by the bluvac company thingy. i got impatient when no one was tunning in, i wish i would have known to check out the recommended cps, or tif sale? they both look pretty good! ill see how this scale is once i get to use it ill let you know how it feels. but like most things works great when new!
    Hi, Anthony.

I didn't see this thread until today. I am the designer and manufacturer of the BluVac and the DS-220R scale. Thank you for your purchase.

I hope you like it. If you have any questions or problems, you can call me directly at my office. The number is on my website at AccuTools.com.

I just had the same problem today. Won't sync and I have used it about the same amount of times( 6 months old). Best part is, no over the counter exchange! I am going to get a fish scale.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

Quote Originally Posted by allstar08 View Post
    I just had the same problem today. Won't sync and I have used it about the same amount of times( 6 months old). Best part is, no over the counter exchange! I am going to get a fish scale.
    Fieldpiece does do over counter exchanges. They just have to be approved by Fieldpiece. All you have to do is get your local distributor to call us at 714 634 1844 and we'll take it from there. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by allstar08 View Post
    yeah i got frustrated the first time it happened but on the second time i gave up i bought the ds-220R by accutools. i recieved it yesterday in the mail seems pretty good. i comes in a thin zip up case so i then stuck it into my fieldpiece case that has more padding for extra protection. im ready to use it.

yeah i got frustrated the first time it happened but on the second time i gave up i bought the ds-220R by accutools. i recieved it yesterday in the mail seems pretty good. i comes in a thin zip up case so i then stuck it into my fieldpiece case that has more padding for extra protection. im ready to use it.
    The zip case was specifically designed to throw over your shoulder so you can carry your other tools up the ladder at the same time. The scale needs no additional protection. I have been known to throw them across a room to demonstrate the durability. And, if you *ever* have problems with it, you can call me directly and I will make it right. I don't need corporate approval.

BTW, someone above mentioned the TIF9010a. FYI, I designed that, too (but *not* the 9010!!!!!), back around 1998 or 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    The zip case was specifically designed to throw over your shoulder so you can carry your other tools up the ladder at the same time. The scale needs no additional protection. I have been known to throw them across a room to demonstrate the durability. And, if you *ever* have problems with it, you can call me directly and I will make it right. I don't need corporate approval.

BTW, someone above mentioned the TIF9010a. FYI, I designed that, too (but *not* the 9010!!!!!), back around 1998 or 1999.
    I hear "dueling banjos" playing in the background...

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    I hear "dueling banjos" playing in the background...
    Yes, that came across quite a bit more snarky than I intended. My apologies to Russell.

I also use a cps 220 and have had no issues what so ever out of it

I couldn't survive without a chainfall and a meat hook scale! I think my infinicon stops at 220 but it's decently accurate.

ive been using the wireless field piece scale for the past couple of years never really satisfied with it. now when i turn it on it will synchronize and work ok for about ten minutes but then it will loose signal no matter how many times i resync it wont connect im tired of hassling with it. ive only used it no more than 10 times. yes ive tried new batteries but the same thing. ill have weighed in 20 lbs then it crapped out i gotta gage in the other 30 lbs.

What scale do yall recommend from personal experience? i seen there is one affiliated with the bluevac gage i like the idea of stopping the refrigerant flow once charge is complete. i wont buy another wireless scale again
    I can't even tell you what brand digital scale, I think that it is a TIF or CPS. Its worked fine for the last 12 years or so, just have to replace the battery occasionally. I've used other brands like Yellow Jacket and Inficon? without any problems. I have the TIF/CPS and also a regular analog refrigerant scale for the #125/#200 tanks when I'm charging/recovering.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast