+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heatcraft Hypercore Factory Recalls?

Post Likes

Heatcraft Hypercore Factory Recalls?

Is There Anyone out there that has replaced condenser (s) on Hypercore by Heatcraft because of a leak in the Manifold?
    After replacing 6 in the last two years and some twice I thought there might be a problem The factory is replacing parts under warranty even after 3 years out because there was a defect
    Now we are only going back with Finned Coils .They even have a conversion kit.
    Just wondering if anyone else that has had to explain to their customer that yes you just paid $4k on a Condensing unit 2 years ago and No the mfg wont pay for Labor

Post Likes
    Yep
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    The new coils I've done come with rubbers to add to the mounting brackets....

Only had to replace one that already had the rubbers... Only done one twice.

I think they suck and aren't as easy to clean as I thought they would of been.
    Didn't know they had a conversion kit to go with a finned coil, that's the best idea Heatcraft has had in years!

Post Likes
    I Used to have great respect for the Greatness of Heatcraft... being their here in Georgia. My company is a HCSR for heatcraft and now understand how Large Corporations Side step Litigation for putting out a Inferior product. We have 11 more to complete this year...

Post Likes
    I've replaced two Hypercore condensers that were just out of the original 2 year warranty. When did Heatcraft start with the extended 3-year deal?

Post Likes
    They dont just do it on their own. You have to call the factory and while they wont admit there was a problem. They will send you a finned condenser swap kit. At no charge if you stay on them. They have sooo many lawsuits right now . So far the last numbers I saw last June was 3600 failures since 2009
    Its not in the design its in the shipping and if their stacked more than 3 high while transported it puts stress on the manifold that holds the horizontal tubes. All 26 that we replaced leak was in the same place.

Post Likes
    How can it not be in the design if you have replaced the same one more than once??

I know I have.

Post Likes
    Of the two Hypercore condensers I've replaced, one was leaking at a crack in the inlet header, around what I'd call a welding pad for the top mounting bracket. That one I attributed to the now, well-known stress issue.

The other was in the bottom row, in the middle of the condenser field. A real slow one, but my H10 picked it up right away.

Post Likes
    Horrible I m glad there is only a few large tonnage Hypercore left within that date range I've had to
    Write in a disclaimer on warranty just to save myself on a free swap (We've done two within a year)that customer wouldnt pay for labor and heatcraft was playing dumb.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in