Delta Zone ctrls

who knows anything about delta programmable zone controllers. I got a 12v240 v.2.1a

Hi SVC,

If you're talking about Delta Controls, then you must be talking about a IZU240.

IZU240s are programmable controllers with 4 inputs and 5 digital outputs and 2 analog outputs.

There is 1 RS-485 port available for communication with any Delta's Intelli-Con panels (V2 legacy panels such as ICP-015 or ICP-025).

IZU240s are mostly used for dual duct VAV boxes applications and/or for zoning applications (monitoring up to 4 rooms with 1 IZU240).

Frich

Hi Frich,

As I could saw, you know about IZU240. Our customer in a shopping center has about 140 Delta's Intelli-Con panels, most of them IZU240 but also IZ200, IZ206, ICP045, DCU050. They were installed in 2000-2001. We are supposed to migrate everything to BACnet, but we cannot find information neither in Delta's webpage nor in the manufacturer's Koamtech. Fieldserver neither has a gateway. Should you have any suggestion, please let me know.

Hello, All of Delta's controllers are backward compatible, all you need to do is either upgrade the DCU-050 you have to Version3(still supports, RS485 to zones) or better yet add a Version3 DSM-050 with an Inet Card and put an Inet Card on the Version2 DCU-050 join them with coax modify a few internal settings and boom your BACnet. Your DSM-050 now can talk to any BACnet System while keeping Version2 Functionality. It's that or upgrade all 1XX Controllers to Version3 Panels(ouch!!) Keep in mind Delta's Version2 Controllers are getting more costly because they are phazing them out. You may want to run a new Version3 trunk around to the controllers, and do phased upgrades as the zone controllers crap out(1 or 2 panels at a time) Hope this helps!!

Ok, thanks for your help!
    Now, as another alternative, is there an OPC driver?

Well, did you have a front end in mind? Delta's Orcaview front end is extremely powerful. Programming, Configuration, Editing, Graphics are all done with one piece of Software. It's the answer for auto discovery of third part devices as well. I really have no experience with OPC Drivers, so I can't comment, I work for a Delta Partner, and so far we've been able to do all we need and more with Orcaview. You could probably make that BACnet for a fairly reasonable price, using Delta Product.

"Delta's Orcaview front end is extremely powerful. Programming, Configuration, Editing, Graphics are all done with one piece of Software."That is nice. Personally, I'd like to start seeing browser based interfaces to programmables with the GPL encased in the controller to eliminate the extra software garbage...

I agree totally, actually the GCL is resident in the controller,it would be nice to have graphics libraries and edit capabilities embedded in there. I find the graphics nice, but are getting way to complicated for the intended purpose, everything seems to be going towards the Front End's bells and whistles, while the programmable functionality remains static. For the most part all of these control systems do the same thing. Hey sysint, I want to change the subject for a moment, what is your specialty, do you do more Software Integration, or Hardware integration of systems?

The customer already has a powerful software provided for the Security System side: the BIS from Bosch, is OPC Client, that is the reason I asked for a OPC driver for the Delta's Intelli-Con panels, fundamentally for the IZU240 network.

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post
    I agree totally, actually the GCL is resident in the controller,it would be nice to have graphics libraries and edit capabilities embedded in there. I find the graphics nice, but are getting way to complicated for the intended purpose, everything seems to be going towards the Front End's bells and whistles, while the programmable functionality remains static. For the most part all of these control systems do the same thing. Hey sysint, I want to change the subject for a moment, what is your specialty, do you do more Software Integration, or Hardware integration of systems?
    I agree with your statement. I had hope for these Sysmik controllers but even they don't embed the GPL in the controller. I hardly understand why because their top of the line controller has alot of capability with a built in web server. Sure seems like a no brainer to me. Especially with the documentation capabilities. You could have your controller send a file with it's complete point list, GPL diagram and current status. It's a documentation dream and only makes sense.

I also agree about graphics. It's over the top.

As far as our specialty-- we are in the process of making a change. After a manufacturers complete hardware disaster and subsequent no fault admittance or support left us holding the bag (manufacturer located in BC) we have moved more fully into software integration to distance ourselves from those support issues.