Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That's weird it does not even look like it has leg bungs, was this a horizontal tank with the leg bungs in the back? And yes, I would not be able to sleep with that tank in my basement.....

No there were no bungs at all. No idea it's like they made there own tank.

Horizontal tank ? Legs on side ?

Back in my drinking days I tested the cigarette in a 5 gallon bucket of gas. It went out 9 out of 10 times. Think the reason it ignited the last time was because someone kicked the gas can.

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Yes...I do recall from school (I think we had a week on them towards the end of advanced heating) the atomizing part and the importance of nozzle size.

I'm also told I could stand atop a 5 gallon bucket of gasoline and drop a lit cigarette straight down into it and it would be immediately extinguished. I can see that as well, but not about to test it.

I'm just thinkin' you should probably earn a bit more than a humble natural gas guy like me. Do they still have a retry button that the HO can keep pressing and dumping diesel when it's having trouble lighting off? And a step up transformer that could wallop the hell out of you? Or have they been modernized a bit as of late?

Quite sure the DOE is saying that it now costs about the same as to heat your home with electric baseboard.

Quote Originally Posted by canman13 View Post
    On a 2000 sq foot house it's around $2000 for the heating season

Electrical Energy in bc is about 9 cents a kw hour last I checked. Even at that, it is cheaper to heat my place with natural gas than electricity. Not sure about heat pumps and the seer ratings vs gas.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Oil is very safe you can throw a match in the tank and it won't light needs to be itemized.
    Itemized? Don't you mean atomized?
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

While acknowledging I'm completely ignorant concerning oil burning furnaces; I still don't know how people sleep at night with all that fuel in their basement or right outside the kitchen door in a shed. How many gallons is that? Get tremors or quakes in NH? DC had one a couple years ago, did they not? {shivers}
    ya know, when cars were invented, the whole downside was that "they use gasoline....and that stuff EXPLODES!!" now any idiot can pump their own gas.

a tank full of oil is as safe as your car gas tank, your motorcycle gas tank (betwixt your legs), or even your gas can in garage....well, it's probably safer than your gas can in the garage!

Oil is very safe you can throw a match in the tank and it won't light needs to be itemized. The tank holds 275gal. And yes we got a quack here too
    did you post this with Tapatalk?

if so, to those that read this, it is auto correct with no ability to choose something else.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Horizontal tank ? Legs on side ?
    Pretty sure the tappings would be on the opposite side from the legs from what I remember.
    I love overtime I just hate working for it.

I have dug a few buryied tanks up. All were round, but maybe that was the intentsion.
    Never argue with a crazy man.

Ya know, those oval tanks can be turned into nice pig cookers.

Heck if you have an oil leak, you have a mess or maybe a fire. If you have an gas leak all you have left is toothpicks. Now what do you prefer ?

While acknowledging I'm completely ignorant concerning oil burning furnaces; I still don't know how people sleep at night with all that fuel in their basement or right outside the kitchen door in a shed. How many gallons is that? Get tremors or quakes in NH? DC had one a couple years ago, did they not? {shivers}

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast