+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Tank missing legs

Post Likes

Oil Tank missing legs

Name:  Oil Tank.jpg
Views: 2678
Size:  24.6 KBSaw this at a friends house that they just moved into. We are going to replace it with a new tank with legs this weekend.
    Can Do Will Do Attitude With Out The "Can" And The "Will" You Have A Do Do Attitude.

Post Likes
    that reminds me of cow tippin ...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by canman13 View Post
    Name:  Oil Tank.jpg
Views: 2678
Size:  24.6 KBSaw this at a friends house that they just moved into. We are going to replace it with a new tank with legs this weekend.
    Double wall tank??
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Post Likes
    for a temp tank to replace the bad one this would be ok in my area but ONLY as a temp emg fix that would have to be done properly with in 48 hours

Post Likes
    Nope it was a single wall tank only thing keeping it from tipping is the fill pipe. This was not a temp tank and the Best thing is the house inspector didn't say anything about it.

Post Likes
    They must have left their oil tank unattended in the 'hood

Name:  lic_car.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  46.8 KB

Post Likes
    While acknowledging I'm completely ignorant concerning oil burning furnaces; I still don't know how people sleep at night with all that fuel in their basement or right outside the kitchen door in a shed. How many gallons is that? Get tremors or quakes in NH? DC had one a couple years ago, did they not? {shivers}

Post Likes
    Oil is very safe you can throw a match in the tank and it won't light needs to be itemized. The tank holds 275gal. And yes we got a quack here too

Post Likes
    I don't see oil burners around here. What does it cost to run them on an average sized house?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timtanguay View Post
    I don't see oil burners around here. What does it cost to run them on an average sized house?
    On a 2000 sq foot house it's around $2000 for the heating season

Post Likes
    Oil is very safe you can throw a match in the tank and it won't light needs to be itemized. The tank holds 275gal. And yes we got a quack here too
    Yes...I do recall from school (I think we had a week on them towards the end of advanced heating) the atomizing part and the importance of nozzle size.

I'm also told I could stand atop a 5 gallon bucket of gasoline and drop a lit cigarette straight down into it and it would be immediately extinguished. I can see that as well, but not about to test it.

I'm just thinkin' you should probably earn a bit more than a humble natural gas guy like me. Do they still have a retry button that the HO can keep pressing and dumping diesel when it's having trouble lighting off? And a step up transformer that could wallop the hell out of you? Or have they been modernized a bit as of late?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Yes...I do recall from school (I think we had a week on them towards the end of advanced heating) the atomizing part and the importance of nozzle size.

I'm also told I could stand atop a 5 gallon bucket of gasoline and drop a lit cigarette straight down into it and it would be immediately extinguished. I can see that as well, but not about to test it.

I'm just thinkin' you should probably earn a bit more than a humble natural gas guy like me. Do they still have a retry button that the HO can keep pressing and dumping diesel when it's having trouble lighting off? And a step up transformer that could wallop the hell out of you? Or have they been modernized a bit as of late?
    They still have both newer ones you can only reset 3 times after that it goes into a hard Lock out. I have not heard that about Gasoline I would think it would go right up.

Post Likes

Hmm

And yes we got a quack here too
    A little 'duck' tape will fix that for you.

Post Likes
    That's weird it does not even look like it has leg bungs, was this a horizontal tank with the leg bungs in the back? And yes, I would not be able to sleep with that tank in my basement.....

Post Likes
    No there were no bungs at all. No idea it's like they made there own tank.

Post Likes
    Horizontal tank ? Legs on side ?

Post Likes
    Back in my drinking days I tested the cigarette in a 5 gallon bucket of gas. It went out 9 out of 10 times. Think the reason it ignited the last time was because someone kicked the gas can.

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post

Post Likes
    Quite sure the DOE is saying that it now costs about the same as to heat your home with electric baseboard.

On a 2000 sq foot house it's around $2000 for the heating season

Post Likes
    Electrical Energy in bc is about 9 cents a kw hour last I checked. Even at that, it is cheaper to heat my place with natural gas than electricity. Not sure about heat pumps and the seer ratings vs gas.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Oil is very safe you can throw a match in the tank and it won't light needs to be itemized.
    Itemized? Don't you mean atomized?
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in