Thread: MODULE

MODULE

I have a trane ac unit the module went bad and i have an ac repair man trying to sell me a used unit. my question is id the d3431214p34 or the mot09262 dont match does it matter. He said just the hp volts amps and rotation. i know nothing about ac work but i looked stuff up and from what i gathered the motor must match the module

Module must match the unit. They are programmed for the unit they are to be installed in.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Cody View Post
    I have a trane ac unit the module went bad and i have an ac repair man trying to sell me a used unit. my question is id the d3431214p34 or the mot09262 dont match does it matter. He said just the hp volts amps and rotation. i know nothing about ac work but i looked stuff up and from what i gathered the motor must match the module
    used parts means walk away.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

I assume it is out of warranty. An ecm/module motor is very expensive and some people get sticker shock so techs are afraid to offer the correct replacement part and want to put in a standard ie cheaper psc motor and rig it up to save people money. He should have offered the correct motor and if that is to expensive to the customer then maybe offer a cheaper (but still new) motor and explain that they will be losing effientcy and some modifications must be made. I could miss understand you and you may want to replace the bad module which is what goes out the vast majority of the time in which case you need the one for that exact unit/moto as they are programmed specifically. There are computer programs that people can use to change or modify a good module but they need the accessory and access to manufacturers database which some do not give out.