Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,627

    Everyone who voted for Obama and health care plan just stepped on lower income folks

    http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013...are/?mobile=nc

    (please focus on the one or two lines of fact in this article, and ignore the left-wing journalists attempt to shield Democrat policy from blame)


    Wendy's cut everyone to part time, many restaurants considering same thing.

    why is this happening?
    so some health care insurance owners and CEO's and make billions off forcing the public to buy their "service"

    I DON'T EVER WANT TO HEAR ANY DEMOCRAT , EVER AGAIN, MAKE A CLAIM THAT THEY ARE ANTI-RICH AND THEIR PARTY IS FOR THE POOR.

    .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,748
    Cut them hours.....lol Maybe it will make way for some retirees and school kids to get some jobs while the others who work at Wendys leave and get a better job or maybe get a hint and realize that they need to get an education... then seek out a good job.

    I ate at Wendys yesterday for lunch. Number 2 combo small size.

    They have changed the way they make their hamburgers and Im about done with Wendys myself because of this. Frostys are still OK but I rarely get one unless Im on a long trip or something and then I will stop and get a small frosty and a number one hamburger sometimes..... just to calm me down....

    I prefer the double quarter pounder with cheese over the wendys double now...... and wouldnt eat at either if 5 guys could fiqure out a way to have a drive thru that would work efficiently....

    Want a cheap lunch........ Little Ceasers...... and you may have some left to take home.

    Wolfstrike..... Low income and working folks...... we are always going to be hit hardest...... we get up everyday and go to work no matter what government throws at us..... and we just keep allowing them to pile it on us.....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Cut them hours.....lol Maybe it will make way for some retirees and school kids to get some jobs while the others who work at Wendys leave and get a better job or maybe get a hint and realize that they need to get an education... then seek out a good job.

    I ate at Wendys yesterday for lunch. Number 2 combo small size.

    They have changed the way they make their hamburgers and Im about done with Wendys myself because of this. Frostys are still OK but I rarely get one unless Im on a long trip or something and then I will stop and get a small frosty and a number one hamburger sometimes..... just to calm me down....

    I prefer the double quarter pounder with cheese over the wendys double now...... and wouldnt eat at either if 5 guys could fiqure out a way to have a drive thru that would work efficiently....

    Want a cheap lunch........ Little Ceasers...... and you may have some left to take home.

    Wolfstrike..... Low income and working folks...... we are always going to be hit hardest...... we get up everyday and go to work no matter what government throws at us..... and we just keep allowing them to pile it on us.....
    I am just wondering, where exactly do you see these people getting better jobs if they are working at Wendys?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    I am just wondering, where exactly do you see these people getting better jobs if they are working at Wendys?
    If they chose not to stay at Wendys then its up to them to take whatever steps will get them to a better job.

    School, training....... "Wow".... a potential employer......

    In america.... the only person who can hold you back.....is you.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lamar, SC
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    If they chose not to stay at Wendys then its up to them to take whatever steps will get them to a better job.

    School, training....... "Wow".... a potential employer......

    In america.... the only person who can hold you back.....is you.

    I used to work in residential construction and I went back to school after the housing market crashed, worked my ass off the whole time at Walmart to keep the bills paid (they were best paying job that would work around my school schedule), sacrificed for 2.5 years, paid close attention, never missed a day of school and graduated summa cum laude with an associates in science and an HVAC certificate. After 6 months on the job, I am the highest paid tech at my company. Thanks to my areas low wages however, that isn't saying much because I STILL can't afford health insurance for me and my wife. Even the policy offered by my company would take over 25% of my take home pay. I really wish I could figure out how to stop holding myself back.
    "If you've eliminated all other possibilities whatever remains must be the truth."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,577
    Corny, You need to come up north and try Culvers. Wendys used to be my goto burger joint, but Culvers surpasses the quality of food tenfold.

    Anyone believe the onslaught of required insurance will bring on a number of flybynight insurance companies and hack doctors, similar to requiring car insurance (it's required in IL. I don't know about elsewhere). We have low cost ins. companies and hack body shops that cater to them
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,026
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013...are/?mobile=nc

    (please focus on the one or two lines of fact in this article, and ignore the left-wing journalists attempt to shield Democrat policy from blame)


    Wendy's cut everyone to part time, many restaurants considering same thing.

    why is this happening?
    so some health care insurance owners and CEO's and make billions off forcing the public to buy their "service"

    I DON'T EVER WANT TO HEAR ANY DEMOCRAT , EVER AGAIN, MAKE A CLAIM THAT THEY ARE ANTI-RICH AND THEIR PARTY IS FOR THE POOR.

    .
    The full effect of obamacare is unknowable. Humans naturally adjust/adapt to new situations. Obamacare will affect every [non-wealthy] individual and I guess most businesses in a major way so there are incalculable changes we will experience.

    Firstly, insurance rates have skyrocketed. I think it is because of, not in spite of, obamacare. Either way, this is only the beginning of rate increases. Insurance companies will have to take on coverage for dope-heads, homeless, prostitutes, gang members and possibly illegal aliens who will get free obamacare insurance. That is bound to drive up insurance rates. Said individuals already get free health treatment, I guess the hospitals have to eat the cost currently and it does add to the cost of healthcare already [as a cost of service]. When these bums get free healthcare insurance, the cost will be passed on to those who are paying for insurance.

    Current Docs are reportedly planning to retire early, the career path is even less attractive than before for aspiring young would-be docs. Law of supply and demand, more rate increases.

    Businesses have to adjust. Many businesses operate on profit margins of 10 or 20 percent, any federal mandate will affect them greatly. Reportedly, some will pay the fine/tax rather than provide insurance benefits, some will reduce # of employees [downsize] to avoid mandates, some will cut hours as per article, this should all be fully expected to happen. Humans adapt.

    The poor will be hit hard. This obamacare thing is not "jobs-friendly" to begin with. It adds to the burden or cost of hiring an employee. Skating the law by limiting hours is nothing new, companies already do this to avoid state mandates concerning worker's comp and unemployment insurance. Temporary hires. There are companies that specialize in finding 'temps' already.

    So here is what your basic poor person has to look forward to:
    1- more upended job-market than we have already.
    2- much higher insurance rates.
    3- if you cannot afford insurance, then the IRS will fine you a tax equivalent of about one month's rent or house payment.

    That is all your average poor person needs to know.

    Your working poor people are the losers here, they are just going to have to suck it up and get their noses back on the grind-stone.

    Winners:
    Hospitals, doesn't sound so bad.
    Insurance companies, many new customers.
    IRS, lots of new penalty money to collect, sort of like a new money tree find.
    Destitute, some guy living in a stolen shopping-cart with the street-nick "pin-cushion" now has a new healthcare plan to go with his new obamaphone. It all fits in the cart.
    Undocumented income earners[not to be confused with undocumented workers], basically, thieves and drug dealers and pimps that may have 40,000$ worth of gold teeth but report little or no income to the IRS. Free healthcare insurance. Nice.
    Illegal aliens, They either are going to get the free insurance, or they will benefit from higher wages if they do not. If excluded from obamacare, they become a more attractive hire prospect.

    Read'em and weep.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,026
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsmars1 View Post
    I used to work in residential construction and I went back to school after the housing market crashed, worked my ass off the whole time at Walmart to keep the bills paid (they were best paying job that would work around my school schedule), sacrificed for 2.5 years, paid close attention, never missed a day of school and graduated summa cum laude with an associates in science and an HVAC certificate. After 6 months on the job, I am the highest paid tech at my company. Thanks to my areas low wages however, that isn't saying much because I STILL can't afford health insurance for me and my wife. Even the policy offered by my company would take over 25% of my take home pay. I really wish I could figure out how to stop holding myself back.
    Move to an area with higher wages while you are young enough to take advantage of it.

    It is better to 'fall off the turnip truck' in a rich city, than be a prominent member of a poor community. I have tried both courses.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,748
    The best cheeseburgers I have ever eaten have been at those old mom and pop restaurants and the old country stores that cooked food..... but most of them are gone now. Used to think highly of burger kings double cheeseburger but I got one a while back and something has changed...and now even the wendys double doesnt taste the same. Corner cutting is most likely the blame....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,748
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsmars1 View Post
    I used to work in residential construction and I went back to school after the housing market crashed, worked my ass off the whole time at Walmart to keep the bills paid (they were best paying job that would work around my school schedule), sacrificed for 2.5 years, paid close attention, never missed a day of school and graduated summa cum laude with an associates in science and an HVAC certificate. After 6 months on the job, I am the highest paid tech at my company. Thanks to my areas low wages however, that isn't saying much because I STILL can't afford health insurance for me and my wife. Even the policy offered by my company would take over 25% of my take home pay. I really wish I could figure out how to stop holding myself back.
    Not being a smart ass here.... but maybe you should have went to brain surgeon school instead of wasting all that time in school for a working class technicians job. Seems you had the right idea.....school.... but you still chose a trade to work in. And evidently it isnt a good paying trade in your location....

    Nursing is a good way to go today.... If you are able to you need to research what is in demand in your area or areas where you would live and see what types of jobs are in demand there.....then weigh them against your happiness.....and whatever other requirements you need and then put yourself on the path to that job..... education, training..... whatever...... and just go for it.

    I used to live in Sumter SC by the way..... and was born at Myrtle Beach.... just some trivia there... unrelated to the thread...but I thought I would throw that out there.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,627
    If they chose not to stay at Wendys then its up to them to take whatever steps will get them to a better job.

    School, training....... "Wow".... a potential employer......

    that's your solution? just tell everyone to go get education.
    just go spend 40k per year to get a degree.
    people getting cut back to part time is reality, telling people to go get an education and they'll have a better job is speculation.

    i have cousin who wanted to be a lawyer, she's got a master's degree.
    she graduated 2 years ago and is currently working at a crap job.

    my 2nd cousin is aiming to become a doctor.

    degrees don't mean crap anymore, wanna know why? because everyone and their mother has one.


    The full effect of obamacare is unknowable.
    i know what the full effect is, everyone is screwed and every year, they're going to be more screwed.

    the health care bill didn't reform one freaking thing.
    the only thing that bill did was make sure everyone who works, contributes to our failing health care industry.


    insurance rates have skyrocketed.
    it does not cost 100 dollars for an xray.
    it does not cost $2500 of expenses to spend a night in a hospital.
    it does not cost $50 for a bottle of pills.

    someone needs to go to these people and tell them they are no longer going to charge these prices.
    the health care industry was at it's limit, people could no longer afford to pay these profits, the health care industry could no longer raise their prices.
    what the healt care bill did, was FORCE every working person in America to contribute to their yearly profit increases.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    that's your solution? just tell everyone to go get education.
    just go spend 40k per year to get a degree.
    people getting cut back to part time is reality, telling people to go get an education and they'll have a better job is speculation.

    i have cousin who wanted to be a lawyer, she's got a master's degree.
    she graduated 2 years ago and is currently working at a crap job.

    my 2nd cousin is aiming to become a doctor.

    degrees don't mean crap anymore, wanna know why? because everyone and their mother has one.




    i know what the full effect is, everyone is screwed and every year, they're going to be more screwed.

    the health care bill didn't reform one freaking thing.
    the only thing that bill did was make sure everyone who works, contributes to our failing health care industry.




    it does not cost 100 dollars for an xray.
    it does not cost $2500 of expenses to spend a night in a hospital.
    it does not cost $50 for a bottle of pills.

    someone needs to go to these people and tell them they are no longer going to charge these prices.
    the health care industry was at it's limit, people could no longer afford to pay these profits, the health care industry could no longer raise their prices.
    what the healt care bill did, was FORCE every working person in America to contribute to their yearly profit increases.
    "degrees don't mean crap anymore, wanna know why? because everyone and their mother has one."
    LMAO, try doing something without.

    "it does not cost 100 dollars for an xray.
    it does not cost $2500 of expenses to spend a night in a hospital.
    it does not cost $50 for a bottle of pills.

    someone needs to go to these people and tell them they are no longer going to charge these prices."
    Yes it does cost that much due to the lack of bill paying. I bet your companies HVAC prices would be high too if you couldn't turn away nonpaying customers.

    And corny that's BS about Wendy's. I don't think it's too bad now

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightshaker View Post
    "degrees don't mean crap anymore, wanna know why? because everyone and their mother has one."
    LMAO, try doing something without.

    "it does not cost 100 dollars for an xray.
    it does not cost $2500 of expenses to spend a night in a hospital.
    it does not cost $50 for a bottle of pills.

    someone needs to go to these people and tell them they are no longer going to charge these prices."
    Yes it does cost that much due to the lack of bill paying. I bet your companies HVAC prices would be high too if you couldn't turn away nonpaying customers.

    And corny that's BS about Wendy's. I don't think it's too bad now

    This is the problem now with degrees. In ten years it's going to be required you have a masters degree to work part time at wendys. The value of something is determined by it's scarcity. The student loan/grants system removed the scarcity of college education so having one does not mean you get a better job from it. Not only that but colleges and universities are dumbing down there programs so that they can keep the money rolling in, so the price goes up while the quality goes down. All are doing when you encourage your children and grand children to go to college is loading them up with 40-200k worth of debt.


    The real reason why medical bills are insane is because market forces have been removed from the medical industry by, the insurance industry. The medical industry can charge whatever they like because the people paying them have insanely deep pockets while the people they are actually dealing with have no incentive even inquire about the price. The way to fix that is catastrophic insurance policies with health savings accounts. By the way alot of this can be traced back the HMO act signed under Nixon.

    I was reading a story of a place out utah I think that was operating on a cash only basis and managing to charge less then 1/5th what any other hospital was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event