Limit Circuit Fault - 58STA110-22

I have a carrier model 58sta110-22 furnace in my house. It runs for a few hours and then stops. The blinking light shows either a #13 or #33 error code both of which are limit circuit faults. I have replaced the flame sensor as directed by an HVAC guy and it did not help. The furnace and house are only 3 years old

He told me if that did not work then replace the circuit board. before i go out and buy a circuit board i was wondering if anyone can verify that is what the problem is.

I am tired of paying HVAC guys $80 a pop to give me an opnion which then happens to be wrong.(I have nothing against HVAC guys, just dont like throwing away money, Incidently I plan on taking an HVAC class this summer)

Can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by bverde View Post
    I have replaced the flame sensor as directed by an HVAC guy and it did not help.
    He told me if that did not work then replace the circuit board. before i go out and buy a circuit board i was wondering if anyone can verify that is what the problem is.

Can anyone help me?
    You're kidding right?????? As per site rules, no we cannot help, other than clean/replace your filter!

Quote Originally Posted by blk View Post
    You're kidding right?????? As per site rules, no we cannot help, other than clean/replace your filter!
    Ditto, however looks like you need to find an informed professional company. Look for someone who advertised NATE techs.

I have replaced the flame sensor as directed by an HVAC guy and it did not help.
    Just for the heck of it call him up and tell him you replaced the flame sensor and now the fire dept. is at your home putting out the furnace it's on fire and ask him what should you do next just to see what he says.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

My FREE advice would be to replace the entire furnace. Then you know you've got the right part.

The blinking light shows either a #13 or #33 error code both of which are limit circuit faults. I have replaced the flame sensor as directed by an HVAC guy and it did not help.(I have nothing against HVAC guys, just dont like throwing away money, Incidently I plan on taking an HVAC class this summer)Can anyone help me?
    a code 13 or 33 well which it, do you think by taking

hvac class for a summer you will magically turn you into

a repaiman.First you will need to learn the basics,then

you will need on the job training, then maybe you can start

to address your particular problem,you know you can blow

your house up trying to fix it yourself,face reality and hire a

proffesional experienced technician

I am tired of paying HVAC guys $80 a pop to give me an opnion which then happens to be wrong.(I have nothing against HVAC guys, just dont like throwing away money, Incidently I plan on taking an HVAC class this summer)

Can anyone help me?
    you could just wait until after the summer to fix it, you can save ANOTHER $80!

You need an actual professional to check your furnace for you.

FYI, flame sensors don't need to be replaced unless they become physically damaged. It is just a conductor with an insulator and a mount.
    Most of the time I talk to a fellow technician that regularly replaces flame sensors, I find that they either don't fully understand how the flame rectification circuit works, or they are paid commission and only make money if they sell parts.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

No offense bro, but knocking the HVAC industry won't get you a lot of help on here. Actually I don't really care if you take offense to it or not but,
    if you can't even read the code properly with the friggin directions wrote plainy on the door how to do so, then please stop messing with it.
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.