Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No one needs to do a load calc.

Post Likes

No one needs to do a load calc.

The Carrier guy said he doesn't need to know any of that information and I was looking to install a greenspeed. all he said to me was he recommends a performance model and it is more common. he asked me to send him the house plans.

The Whestinghouse said I needed a 3 ton without a load cals.

I cant get a response from anyone when I ask them to do a load cals.

What do I do when I can't install it myself.

I know I need a 2 ton for cooling and a 2 ton for heating, I would like to have a 2.5 ton for heating in the northing environment.

I have a heat gain of 21475 and a heat loss of 24672. this is baesd on 7 degrees. so a 2 ton is all I need.

Everyone here seems to go by rule of thumb.

Jimmy

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    The Carrier guy said he doesn't need to know any of that information and I was looking to install a greenspeed. all he said to me was he recommends a performance model and it is more common. he asked me to send him the house plans.

The Whestinghouse said I needed a 3 ton without a load cals.

I cant get a response from anyone when I ask them to do a load cals.

What do I do when I can't install it myself.

I know I need a 2 ton for cooling and a 2 ton for heating, I would like to have a 2.5 ton for heating in the northing environment.

I have a heat gain of 21475 and a heat loss of 24672. this is baesd on 7 degrees. so a 2 ton is all I need.

Everyone here seems to go by rule of thumb.

Jimmy
    Keep looking, www.bpi.org www.comfortinstitute.org

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Problem is we are isolated in St. John's NL canada and there are a handful of people that do this. Cost is 10 fold of what you would normally pay. I don't mind paying the cost i just want it done how it should be done.

Post Likes
    Fly me up, I'll do it for 10x what I would normally get for a 2 ton inverter drive heat pump and duct system...lol Just keep looking and demand a load calc etc. I'm guessing there is no one in your area on the contractor locator on this site or the ones I linked or www.resnet.us www.natex.org

Post Likes
    Also go here. https://www.acca.org/consumer/find-a-contractor/

I'm flying to Arlington VA on Monday to spend a week with Hank R the author of Manual J to be certifided as an instructor in the ACCA manuals.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Fly me up, I'll do it for 10x what I would normally get for a 2 ton inverter drive heat pump and duct system...lol Just keep looking and demand a load calc etc. I'm guessing there is no one in your area on the contractor locator on this site or the ones I linked or www.resnet.us www.natex.org
    We should start a buisness with all propper QC

Post Likes
    I would like to think there are alot of qualified and good HVAC people here I think they use ROT more than necessary

Post Likes
    I should say use the ROT more than they should or never use it at all

Post Likes
    Find out who the local distributor is of your desired equipment and call them, explaining that you would like a dealer that will do a Manual J. Or if they would be able to complete one on your home.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    Find out who the local distributor is of your desired equipment and call them, explaining that you would like a dealer that will do a Manual J. Or if they would be able to complete one on your home.
    Small town no distributor, 3 or 7 indipendent HVAC installers. Someone I know had a 5 ton installed on on r2000 home ? go figure

Post Likes
    There buying the equipment from a distributor, do a little on line research and find there source.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    There buying the equipment from a distributor, do a little on line research and find there source.
    That is how I found the Carrier Guy.
    There online sight.

Post Likes
    Keep looking

Post Likes
    I know what I want. I have the load calc done and I would like the york YHJF 2.5 or the Trane 15 2.5

Post Likes
    It is frustrating when no one answers phones or e-mails. Guess they are to busy and don't need my buisness.

Post Likes
    I know pricing isn't allowed but I could buy a nice new car for what they wanted for a westinghouse 3 ton and he didn't even see my place

Post Likes
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    I know what I want. I have the load calc done and I would like the york YHJF 2.5 or the Trane 15 2.5
    Page 9 for heating capacities
    2.5 ton

47'F 30,000 btu/hr
    17'F 18,700 btu/hr

http://www.upgnet.com/PdfFileRedirec...ytg-c-1211.pdf
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    Try Mat at Aire Serv.

I would think he would be able to handle this request.
    Quality and Value Service and Repair

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    Page 9 for heating capacities
    2.5 ton

47'F 30,000 btu/hr
    17'F 18,700 btu/hr

http://www.upgnet.com/PdfFileRedirec...ytg-c-1211.pdf
    I could get away with the 2 ton and Aux heat.

I re did all my Load calc's and I now have 24067 cooling and 24166 heating @ 10 degFfor winter and 85 for summer . A inside temp of 72 in winter and 77 in summer.

I have someone coming to do load calc and give me an estimate, within the next week They do mostly industrial refrigeration but also do residential HVAC. They said they can install almost any product that I want. The do a fair amount of the Mitsubishi Zuba that I had never heard of but I have read some good things about them here. Though It may be too large for my needs.

Jimmy
    Last edited by JimmyP; 04-01-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in