Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 55
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    We should start a buisness with all propper QC
    We'll start with your spelling, I know mine sucks two.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezeking2000 View Post
    I don't see why they would do it before providing an estimate.
    Shouldn't they do one, so that they can provide an estimate.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,031

    The entire existing situation needs evaluating before making wild equipment offers

    It is not that difficult to learn how to do fairly accurate load calcs.

    Even I can do them, & have only a few brain cells left.

    You have to evaluate the duct system, airflow, etc., before you even consider providing them with an estimate.

    A load calc is essential before providing any equipment sizing numbers.

    If the heat gain & loss are considerably more than what is considered, in the ballpark, then weatherization work is called for along with duct efficiency work...before proper equipment sizing takes place...

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by udarrell View Post
    It is not that difficult to learn how to do fairly accurate load calcs.

    Even I can do them, & have only a few brain cells left.

    You have to evaluate the duct system, airflow, etc., before you even consider providing them with an estimate.

    A load calc is essential before providing any equipment sizing numbers.

    If the heat gain & loss are considerably more than what is considered, in the ballpark, then weatherization work is called for along with duct efficiency work...before proper equipment sizing takes place...
    That is all I am asking for. To get someone in and look at this place. and get an estimate and equipment suggestions.

    I have done one using HVAC Calc Residential 4.0.

    The house is 1200sq ft for basement and 1200sqft main floor R20 in walls on main floor, R38 in half wall in basement R10 foamboard for 3 ft of concrete basement walls. 1600 sq ft vaulted ceiling with R38. The main wall is 435 sq ft south east facing and has 181 sq ft of low e argon windows so both heat gain and heat loss.

    I come up with a 2 ton for cooling
    Last edited by JimmyP; 04-03-2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spelling

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SW FL
    Posts
    6,428

    I'll use your calc and you provide the Warranty

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    They are the only company willing to do a site visit and a load calculation before supplying an estimate.
    since Thread is Titled " No one needs to do a load calc"
    a.k.a. You do it MY Way, or hit the highway ...


    Any1 should give you
    1. estimate
    2. load calc
    3. visit

    ... so here it is
    1. A lot ... $ 1#,3#5.#7
    2. Same as you stated above.
    3. WHERE Are you buying me dinner?
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

    Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    112
    I don't understand all your jibberish dan sw fl.
    1. they need to visit to evualate.
    2 see and understand what is required
    3 estimate and properly size equipment
    Last edited by JimmyP; 04-03-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: spelling

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    112
    I should have put it out there as a question for all of the ones that don't understand. Why does everyone think that they don't need to do a load calc.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezeking2000 View Post
    Try Mat at Aire Serv.

    I would think he would be able to handle this request.
    He hasn't replied to a request.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    518
    just guess how much of your money you'd like to give them and flush the rest as a rot

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    112
    Jibberish?

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    since Thread is Titled " No one needs to do a load calc"
    a.k.a. You do it MY Way, or hit the highway ...


    Any1 should give you
    1. estimate
    2. load calc
    3. visit

    ... so here it is
    1. A lot ... $ 1#,3#5.#7
    2. Same as you stated above.
    3. WHERE Are you buying me dinner?
    No Dinner

    Your Falcon link is so true they are amazing. I was 200 miles offshore in the north atlantic and one landed on the rig in a storm. . It was injured and we sent it to a nature park to recoup.

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezeking2000 View Post
    Try Mat at Aire Serv.

    I would think he would be able to handle this request.
    That company showed up and did some measurements and came up with 38000 BTU's/ hr heat loss. So a 3 or 3.5 ton system needed.

    My electrical utility bill average for Dec to Feb was 1500kw /month this is 170500 btu's day and 12 hours / day ( darkness without solar gain) of usage would be 14208 btu's/hr. There is no way I would need 38000btu's hr.

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    5,312
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    That company showed up and did some measurements and came up with 38000 BTU's/ hr heat loss. So a 3 or 3.5 ton system needed.

    My electrical utility bill average for Dec to Feb was 1500kw /month this is 170500 btu's day and 12 hours / day ( darkness without solar gain) of usage would be 14208 btu's/hr. There is no way I would need 38000btu's hr.
    we don't base a load on average.
    you may keep your thermostat at a different temperature than the manual J suggested temp.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

    "Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

    "Just get it done son."

    Dad adjusted

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event