Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I know what I want. I have the load calc done and I would like the york YHJF 2.5 or the Trane 15 2.5

It is frustrating when no one answers phones or e-mails. Guess they are to busy and don't need my buisness.

I know pricing isn't allowed but I could buy a nice new car for what they wanted for a westinghouse 3 ton and he didn't even see my place

Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    I know what I want. I have the load calc done and I would like the york YHJF 2.5 or the Trane 15 2.5
    Page 9 for heating capacities
    2.5 ton

47'F 30,000 btu/hr
    17'F 18,700 btu/hr

http://www.upgnet.com/PdfFileRedirec...ytg-c-1211.pdf
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Try Mat at Aire Serv.

I would think he would be able to handle this request.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    Page 9 for heating capacities
    2.5 ton

47'F 30,000 btu/hr
    17'F 18,700 btu/hr

http://www.upgnet.com/PdfFileRedirec...ytg-c-1211.pdf
    I could get away with the 2 ton and Aux heat.

I re did all my Load calc's and I now have 24067 cooling and 24166 heating @ 10 degFfor winter and 85 for summer . A inside temp of 72 in winter and 77 in summer.

I have someone coming to do load calc and give me an estimate, within the next week They do mostly industrial refrigeration but also do residential HVAC. They said they can install almost any product that I want. The do a fair amount of the Mitsubishi Zuba that I had never heard of but I have read some good things about them here. Though It may be too large for my needs.

Jimmy
    Last edited by JimmyP; 04-01-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: spelling

I could get away with the 2 ton and Aux heat.

I re did all my Load calc's and I now have 24067 cooling and 24166 heating @ 10 degFfor winter and 85 for summer . A inside temp of 72 in winter and 77 in summer.
    I have someone coming to do load calc and give me an estimate, within the next week

The do a fair amount of the Mitsubishi Zuba that I had never heard of but I have read some good things about them here. Though It may be too large for my needs.

Jimmy
    How is a modulating ( inverter driven) unit judged to be over$ized?

"I could get away with" ... sounds like a bank hold-up.
    ___________ _________________________
    ZUBA might be ANOTHER BanK Hold_up. [... though it make be TOO LARGE for MY need$.].

In US, one may select a Carrier GREEN$PEED.

Load calc is definitely never needed when one _already_ has their mind predisposed to a specific solution.
    Designer Dan

Dan

I know it is high end and will cost.
    The Zuba gives 25000 btu's at -25F with a COP of 1.2. It gives 38000 @ 20F with a COP of 2. The COP should be higher at 20F if I am only needing 24000 btu's.
    Could the duckwork be designed for the 24000 BTU's and therefore operate as a 2 ton? If the temperature drops to 0 F I would need 28000btus. ( this may only happen for a few days a year). The Zuba would supply this but would the ductwork need to be sized accordingly?

Jimmy

I have someone coming to do load calc and give me an estimate, within the next week They do mostly industrial refrigeration but also do residential HVAC. They said they can install almost any product that I want.
    Jimmy
    They do Industrial refrigeration, and sideline residential.....

Kinda an odd match-up there...
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    They do Industrial refrigeration, and sideline residential.....

Kinda an odd match-up there...
    They are the only company willing to do a site visit and a load calculation before supplying an estimate.

They are the only company willing to do a site visit and a load calculation before supplying an estimate.
    Crazy stuff.

They're probably afraid of doing a bunch of legwork and getting hosed.
    Is what it is though.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

I don't see why they would do it before providing an estimate.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast