Loading/Unloading AC unit into truck or van - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Don't have a hitch but I'm now realizing how you can make the job easier in different ways just by using the 2 wheeler. Thanks.

Try 1 of these.

http://www.escalera.com

They even make a hitch accessory so you can carry with you on your truck!

Used 1 for several years with woodstoves and they work awesome. Hard wheels make it a little difficult to get through yards though.

There is one other thing... helpers... That is what helpers are for... to do the work... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Two wheeler at an angle for unloading. Loading the big ones simply requires another guy. They ain't gettin' any smaller, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Two wheeler at an angle for unloading. Loading the big ones simply requires another guy. They ain't gettin' any smaller, that's for sure.
    Dang big brother. Trying to kill us anyway they can.

Especially concrete slabs:
    "al's concrete. a/c slab huh. 24x24, 30x30, or window maker?"
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Removing- 2x4 5 ft long

Loading- Make the supplier store do it on new equip
    improper lifting with the assist of the dolley - change outs

I use a helper, if i dont have a helper i bring my flat bed trailer with the drop down gate and simply roll it up on the trailer and go.. i have struggled at time when alone and have a surprise emergency install and not have my trailer with me and getting stuff off is easy but back on can be a challenge..

helper or trailer is best but a cheap quick ramp assembly might work but i may not have room in my f250 long bed as its stacked with tool boxes,ladders, and other stuff already.. carrying around a bulky setup for the occasional a lone install might not be worth the trouble for the money etc..

Quote Originally Posted by abcando View Post
    Thanks for the link! That is awesome, the kits can indeed make you think of different ways to create your own ramp. I'm ordering one for sure.
    Good find..pretty cool to get that 8 inch kit for 50 bones and a couple of 2x8s and boom insta ramp.. still not sure if i have the room to haul these around all the time but not bad for cost etc..

Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    Good find..pretty cool to get that 8 inch kit for 50 bones and a couple of 2x8s and boom insta ramp.. still not sure if i have the room to haul these around all the time but not bad for cost etc..
    I agree. If I ever get ones, they will be loaded in the vehicle only if there is a need for it. Otherwise, they'll be in the garage or shop.

3/4" plywood 32" by length of truck bed.

load CU on the plywood in PU bed, towards back of PU bed. Slide plywood out to make a ramp. CU will be attop of ramp. Now slide it to the ground.

To load; slide plywood out to form ramp. muscle CU to bottom of ramp, then push it halfway up the ramp. Not to hard. now lift plywood ramp up and slide into pickup bed. weight will be half of CU weight when CU is halfway on the ramp.

Also, keep lengths of 3/4 or 1" pvc pipe to use as rollers. can be used under plywood or under equipment.

Also, find a good scrap guy that can meet you at the job. they will help unload and load scrap for only the scrap value. Many here that will fight for your business.

We've used the ramp thing for years. A tip I've found is back the truck up so the back wheels are in the curb, it lowers the back of the truck so you don't need to lift as high.

Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    We've used the ramp thing for years. A tip I've found is back the truck up so the back wheels are in the curb, it lowers the back of the truck so you don't need to lift as high.
    Now there is a good idea!!!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12