WR 90 Series Blue Thermostat

According to the Wiring Diagrams for 1F95-1271 - Heat Pump Connections
    http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/.../0037-6740.pdf
    every connection must be connected to the common side of the 24V transformer except the R(RC/RH) . Does this make sense? If so, I don’t get it… regular thermostat are acting as a regular switch that let the 24V go through the different pole ex: a call for heat provide a 24V to the W pole.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If you can't understand that simple of a wiring diagram maybe you oughtta call someone who can. You know, an HVAC contractor that does this every day?

No offense....
    WHY?

Thanks for your response Special Ed, but in fact maybe I'm asking because I can read and understand complex schematic and I prefer having the complete schematic to understand his functionement rather that just having it stop to the pole of the thermostat!

Thanks for the tip!

What your diagram is showing is a bit confusing, but rest assured the "hot" side of the transformer is going through the R,G,W,Y, etc. terminals. It just looks that way 'cause they are showing it being hooked up to a transformer and not the equipment's wiring. The transformer neutral wires in the diagram are shown to show the installer what the other side of the load for R,Y,G,W, etc. is. Like powering up terminal Y would call for a "hot 24VAC" and the other side would call for the neutral of the 24VAC on the contactor.
    Make sense???

Well, mash, all tstats work basically the same way: They direct 24V where it's needed to get the necessary function to work. Some are mechanical others are digital, i.e., they use a circuit board. Simple as that.
    WHY?

Thanks for the info iwannahelp. This make sense. Sometime, manufacturer try to make diagram simple, but on the other hand it can cause more confusion.

Thanks guys, I apreciate your help

No problem. I agree, the manufacturers should stick to the KISS method.
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.