Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wolfstrike.... that guy who owns the Wendys franchise out in Oklahoma is the problem. I dont see all wendys chains cutting back their employees to part time.... this is probably the same guy from oklahoma who 2 years ago said he was laying people off because of obamacare......and it hadnt even begun yet.....lol

Some folks just look for an excuse to sh*t on their employees......Id say this is the case with the Wendys guy in OK.

We will see......very shortly.......we will see...

You will also hear about a taco bell franchise in OK doing the same thing....... Id bet money that the same guy who owns it also has the Wendys chain.

Anyhow... same page has a couple of wendys stories that are saying its not going to be as bad as it sounds..... but I bet that guy in OK still cuts his employees all to part time....... cause he is looking for an excuse to do it anyways.

As for your family members going to school and not being able to find a job..... they evidently have something wrong with them that is still holding them back....... Some deep self analysis might be in order......

Set Goal......... Attain Goal....... what part of "its not rocket science" dont people get.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    that's your solution? just tell everyone to go get education.
    just go spend 40k per year to get a degree.
    people getting cut back to part time is reality, telling people to go get an education and they'll have a better job is speculation.

i have cousin who wanted to be a lawyer, she's got a master's degree.
    she graduated 2 years ago and is currently working at a crap job.

my 2nd cousin is aiming to become a doctor.

degrees don't mean crap anymore, wanna know why? because everyone and their mother has one.

i know what the full effect is, everyone is screwed and every year, they're going to be more screwed.

the health care bill didn't reform one freaking thing.
    the only thing that bill did was make sure everyone who works, contributes to our failing health care industry.

it does not cost 100 dollars for an xray.
    it does not cost $2500 of expenses to spend a night in a hospital.
    it does not cost $50 for a bottle of pills.

someone needs to go to these people and tell them they are no longer going to charge these prices.
    the health care industry was at it's limit, people could no longer afford to pay these profits, the health care industry could no longer raise their prices.
    what the healt care bill did, was FORCE every working person in America to contribute to their yearly profit increases.
    I am not disagreeing with you wolf, just adding to your point.

Obamacare is screwing the working poor, and filling the pockets of the already rich. I don't see any way out of it. A new tax.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

this is probably the same guy from oklahoma who 2 years ago said he was laying people off because of obamacare
    there's no conspiracy about this.

i've heard of a Hispanic family who owns a big resturant in L.A. they're going to try to run their business with fewer employees so they can afford premiums and avoid health care penalties.

this health care bill was the most damaging act against the American people in decades

Lots of folks using obamacare as an excuse to sh*t on their employees..... The thing is that many people who own fast food franchises and many people who own family owned restaurants will not be taking a dump on their employees.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Lots of folks using obamacare as an excuse to sh*t on their employees..... The thing is that many people who own fast food franchises and many people who own family owned restaurants will not be taking a dump on their employees.
    I am not surprised restaurants enter the conversation here,.. those businesses are the KING of failure rates as far as businesses go. Obamacare will affect them in a major way. They MUST adapt. It is not pooping on employees, it is desperate reaction, maybe or maybe not some grandiose petulance involved in the announcement.

Other businesses will take similar measures. Not everybody announces plans. If you are makin' money, you roll with it as long as it lasts, if you have to make changes next year or the year after there is no need to announce the changes now. I personally would not say a damm thing, in that situation I would keep my mouth shut and hope obamacare might still get repealed. It won't, but there is no need to go blabbering future business adjustments that will pee off current employees.

Obamacare is CHANGE, as he promised. It is going to change a lot of things, including employment terms. Just will.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Everyone having health insurance is a nice idea, I wish I had it. The problem is right now unemployment is high and so many need a job that employers have the upper hand and do pretty much whatever they want and get away with it. If the roles were reversed and workers were in short supply employers would be eager to offer health insurance as a way to entice employees to work for them. If the economy ever straightens up, and unemployment drops, the problem would take care of itself, no obamacare needed. Forcing it on everyone now is just stupidity. Let the free market take care of itself and stop trying to "will it" where to go.
    "If you've eliminated all other possibilities whatever remains must be the truth."

anytime the governmet makes a mandate the price goes up and the quality of service goes down .obama pelosi and reed 3 peices of crap
    We really need change now

"Immigration Bill Gives New Legals $3,000 Hiring Edge. Under the immigration reform bill, some employers would have an incentive of up to $3,000 per year to hire a newly legalized immigrant over a U.S. citizen.
    The bipartisan legislation released Wednesday dictates that those granted provisional legal immigrant status would be treated the same as those "not lawfully present" are treated under the 2010 health law.
    That means they would neither be eligible for ObamaCare tax credits nor required to pay an individual tax penalty for failing to obtain qualifying health coverage. It also means some employers would face no penalty for failing to provide such workers affordable health coverage."

http://news.investors.com/041713-652...er-mandate.htm

How nice now we are getting screwed even worse by "Obama Care" in conjunction with the new Immigration Bill. How much of this anti-American BS can we take? We sure don't need the so called New Immigration Reform Bill. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    "Immigration Bill Gives New Legals $3,000 Hiring Edge. Under the immigration reform bill, some employers would have an incentive of up to $3,000 per year to hire a newly legalized immigrant over a U.S. citizen.
    The bipartisan legislation released Wednesday dictates that those granted provisional legal immigrant status would be treated the same as those "not lawfully present" are treated under the 2010 health law.
    That means they would neither be eligible for ObamaCare tax credits nor required to pay an individual tax penalty for failing to obtain qualifying health coverage. It also means some employers would face no penalty for failing to provide such workers affordable health coverage."

http://news.investors.com/041713-652...er-mandate.htm

How nice now we are getting screwed even worse by "Obama Care" in conjunction with the new Immigration Bill. How much of this anti-American BS can we take? We sure don't need the so called New Immigration Reform Bill. Thank you, thank you very much
    Its going to get worse than that Glenn...... what we have now are both sides of the table....dems and pugs...... both bending over backwards and breaking a few morals to get the hispanic vote.

Us old white guys are going to be left by the side of the road......

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    I was reading a story of a place out utah I think that was operating on a cash only basis and managing to charge less then 1/5th what any other hospital was.
    Federal policy, big hospitals, and comprehensive health insurance programs are the main contributors to the escalation of health care costs in the US. They are destroying the health care industry.

But there are many people working to lower the cost of health care. Their efforts are paying off.

Oklahoma Doctors ("Why pay $100,000 for a $9,000 pacemaker?")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uPdkhMVdMQ

Medical Tourism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlBYxkHXR80

Obamacare Summed Up in One Sentence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rmm3epevs8

How do you get cheap health care?

1. Find "cash-only" doctors. Google them.
    2. Get a health savings account. It's tax-free, which makes
    your health care expense lower than out-of-pocket.
    3. Drop comprehensive health insurance.
    4. Get catastrophic health insurance. It's cheap.

Catastrophes are what insurance is for, not day-to-day
    maintenance. You don't use auto insurance to pay for
    oil changes. If you did, $20 oil changes would soon cost
    $200 a pop (but you would never see the bill).
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

B-T-W Regency movie theaters is now a part-time job thanks to Obamacare

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12