Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Its communicating. It will know the temp in all zones. And even allow air to go to the non calling zone to prevent it from getting cool during off cycles.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Let me take a stab at how this would function in my particular case: The duct system is kept somewhat biased towards the new addition. Shutters close it off when that zone's thermostat is satisfied. Rest of the house continuous to heat until its thermostat is satisfied. If someone for some reason wanted the addition to be warmer than the rest of the house, the shutters would stay open longer, and since this zone inherently overheats, it shouldn't be a problem boosting the temp a bit above what the main thermostat is set at. (Basically to the level that it tracks at now.)

Thats about it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastman342 View Post
    What does that mean, "slave it"?
    A few options to look into;
    Arzel "Balance-Pro" dampers, insert-able manual balancing damper that can be replaced with an air driven damper if zoning is installed at a later date.
    Arzel "Alone-Zone", a Slave zone control that gives thermostat control to an air driven damper(s) in the duct(s) that supply air to the over-conditioned area of the home.
    "When you perceive zoning not as a bandage but as an enhancement, you truly understand the dynamics and limitations of forced air heating and cooling"

If it's a rarely occupied addition, I vote to slave it. Another option could be to use a thermostat that allows a remote sensor and average the two temperatures. That, combined with slaving, might be a good compromise. The White Rodgers thermostats that use remote sensors even allow vairable sensor weighting based on each programmable period.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    If it's a rarely occupied addition, I vote to slave it. Another option could be to use a thermostat that allows a remote sensor and average the two temperatures. That, combined with slaving, might be a good compromise. The White Rodgers thermostats that use remote sensors even allow vairable sensor weighting based on each programmable period.
    I didn't know such a feature existed, I'll have to think about that. Thanks everyone for your help.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345