Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Ethics and Morals

This customer was not at home when the quoted repairs were made. He had to wait for a month for the parts to arrive. In addition, there was a no-heat condition on arrival that I resolved (broken smart valve ignitor kit) without approval. I left the bill on top of the boiler and went home.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1419716178054.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  48.7 KB

- Sent via ESP
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears.

Post Likes
    I don't get it...free services?

What did he do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I quoted work for replacing some sensors. He said do it. It took a month to get them. He showed me where he hid the key. It was the first time I ever met this man.

I did the work later. And resolved a different problem I found on arrival. He was very happy that I did exactly what I said I would do, at the price quoted, and had the initiative to fix his other problem without getting the approval from him.

Most of my customers are like this - 'just do it'. I tell them I'm going to do ABC at $$ and that's what they get.

That's the note he sent with his payment. It says to me that he's been 'taken' by other companies in the past.

Post Likes
    They were probably happy you didn't rip them off too... LOL

Post Likes
    Gotcha. Youre a good man. I thought you wrote the note to him. Now i understand.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Love View Post
    They were probably happy you didn't rip them off too... LOL

Probably and I wonder how many times before he had been ripped off. Now he'll sing the praises of me/the company. He works for a large construction company in the area. Referrals are best.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    Gotcha. Youre a good man. I thought you wrote the note to him. Now i understand.

Psst.... I'm Marc, with a C, he's with a K. He spells his name wrong... LOL

Post Likes
    Must be the Marc Mark Connection

Post Likes
    reputation+referrals,well done

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-roofwalke View Post
    reputation+referrals,well done
    the reputation took 12 years to build. my own company took 1.3 years to become stable. the referrals are now nearly more than i can handle with just one guy. i'm growing, and it scares me. but it's good.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    the reputation took 12 years to build. my own company took 1.3 years to become stable. the referrals are now nearly more than i can handle with just one guy. i'm growing, and it scares me. but it's good.
    As it's something I entertain, is that 13 or actually 1.3 years it took for things to become stable?
    Ron

Post Likes
    You would probably be surprised at how many keys and garage door codes I have for customers homes or know where the key is hid. That's one of the problems I have I rarely see my customers. They call, I make the repair, send an invoice, they send a check. In the event that there are several options that they should consider I will call with prices and time frames.

My old boss told a story about a lady he had a hard time meeting to get into her house to read the gas meter way back. So one day he makes arrangements to get in and asks her why she just doesn't let him know where a key is so it wouldn't be such a problem for both of them which was what most in that situation did. She said but you might steal from me. He told her if I ever steal it will be enough that I never have to do it again. She said the key is under that flower pot.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron223 View Post
    As it's something I entertain, is that 13 or actually 1.3 years it took for things to become stable?
    1 point 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast