Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Jp you are going to run out of whipping boys when FP stops using Type-Ks...and it won't be all that long til it happens.
    They say they run K sensors because that is what guys want.
    Why would they stop giving their customers what they want?
    And as far as evacuation thru a service manifold since forever from reading some old publications on the subject it actually condemns practices like this. This is something that has been neglected over decades until recently.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Yeah, three valve manifolds. That's what you said.

Man, you keep altering your statements worse than a menopausal female with a migraine.
    You are the one who evacuates through a manifold...

As I said, stop trolling threads about DCs until you have experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    And as far as evacuation thru a service manifold since forever from reading some old publications on the subject it actually condemns practices like this. This is something that has been neglected over decades until recently.
    The "old timers" knew their stuff and did things correctly.

The newer generation are the ones who want "all-in-one" tools with a vacuum pump, vacuum gauge, hi-flow hoses, core removers, SH/SC calculation, target SH calcultion, airflow computation, total refrigerating effect calculations, and a ham sandwich included with their manifolds.

Oh, did I leave out a cup of coffee and a cold beer when the job is over? Yeah, they'll probably want that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    The "old timers" knew their stuff and did things correctly.

The newer generation are the ones who want "all-in-one" tools with a vacuum pump, vacuum gauge, hi-flow hoses, core removers, SH/SC calculation, target SH calcultion, airflow computation, total refrigerating effect calculations, and a ham sandwich included with their manifolds.

Oh, did I leave out a cup of coffee and a cold beer when the job is over? Yeah, they'll probably want that, too.
    The all-in-one certainly looks better from a marketing stand point. Even though it encourages poor service practices, it sells boxes.

I have had my 1250 on an Imperial 4 port for 3 years now and finally tossed the manifold and bought the DC ball valve unit. I never used the 3/8 port anyway except for sometimes a quick purge through the manifold when switching to different refrigerants.

As for the OP question of longevity, I agree with the consensus here. DC is a very solid meter, I pulled mine out of the truck at -20° a couple weeks ago and it turned on and worked perfectly. Took it into a warm humid environment and it started frosting!

We don't work in a lab, we work in all sorts of rough environments and require a tough instrument that can get bounced around and rained on occasionally. It is nice to have a meter that is accurate enough for lab work and tough enough for field work.

I evac thru Appion hoses as and CRTs as I have said and as you well know. you are defaming and libelous in your choice of wording by using "TROLLING".

I am expressing my opinion. I am not the problem here..you are...you continue to throw gasoline on the fire by twisting and cherry picking my words.

If I didn't reply to your intentionally misleading statements you would succeed in your treacherous,maligning little tactics.

You used them on Uncle and now me.

It's easy for you to beat up on an old, unhealthy
    man, isn't it?

I Evacuate thru a Manifold?
    On occasion I have, But you state I do it as a regular practice. I have Appion gear which you are well aware of so you are making knowing false statements.

Uncle, the man you say you look up to, advised you of the outcome of such actions.

Just more misinformation by you that goes to defamation.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    You have ins at FP as many forum members do...if you are out of the loop on this, I will discuss this with you via Email.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    As for the OP question of longevity, I agree with the consensus here. DC is a very solid meter, I pulled mine out of the truck at -20° a couple weeks ago and it turned on and worked perfectly. Took it into a warm humid environment and it started frosting!

We don't work in a lab, we work in all sorts of rough environments and require a tough instrument that can get bounced around and rained on occasionally. It is nice to have a meter that is accurate enough for lab work and tough enough for field work.
    And my Testo and FPs are every bit as you claim yours to be.

Talk to us in 6 or 7 years about that.

How many warranty claims in Uncle Clover up to, now?

I think it was 3 or 4 when I stopped counting.

Hmmmmm, I have first hand experience with those brands also, and they didn't prove that way for me. Have you used a DC yet? If not, then how can you accurately and objectively compare the other brands with them?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Hmmmmm, I have first hand experience with those brands also, and they didn't prove that way for me. Have you used a DC yet? If not, then how can you accurately and objectively compare the other brands with them?
    He has no experience with the DC, refuses to gain any experience with the DC yet continues to bad mouth it.

Everyone that has seen and used my DC either has bought one, plans to buy one or wishes that they had seen mine before they spent money on a competitor.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast