Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by j[COLOR="#FF0000"
    Jpsmith1cm;15481351]

Evacuation through a manifold is improper procedure although it is frequently done.

When ASHRAE writes a standard AGAINST manifold evacuation, THEN it will be an (lilting, flowery JPsmith voice) IMPROPER PROCEDURE. Not before.

I use Appion 1/2" hoses and CRTs, but that does not mean manifolds can't be used. They have been industry standards since day one.

Even though you insited to Uncle they are not.

But I am not going to pull out my Appion gear on a 1/6 HP under-counter restaurant job. So your argument is full of holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by j[COLOR="#FF0000"
    [/COLOR]

The 550 is only a 3 port, so you've contradicted yourself on the manifold subject.

The DC is a three valve manifold too. The 550 was used price comparison against the DC.

JPsmith.
    Fast enough, much like good enough, seldom is. Until you've used it, you cannot properly comment on it.

Couldn't tell you...never had any complaints from the fairer sex that would lead me to think that is personal short coming.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post

The 550 is only a 3 port, so you've contradicted yourself on the manifold subject.

The DC is a three valve manifold too. The 550 was used price comparison against the DC.

Fast enough, much like good enough, seldom is. Until you've used it, you cannot properly comment on it.
    Couldn't tell you...never had any complaints from the fairer sex that would lead me to think that is personal short coming.[/QUOTE]

You're still carrying uncle clover's grudge Against DC and are completely unreasonable on the subject. You need to stop trolling posts about Digicool when you know next to nothing about them.

This post was about the durability of the AK-900, a topic that, by your own repeated admission, you have exactly zero knowledge of.

Yet, you insist upon throwing your anti-DC rant into the mix.

How about this, next time you want to offer your opinion on a DC manifold SPECIFICALLY, buy one, use it for a month, THEN offer an opinion.

Until then, keep it in your pants.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I thought the AK-900 was under 300

yep

http://shop.rdholder.com/Digi-Cool-A...Cool-AK900.htm
    I got mine right from the DC with a 1/4 turn manifold for 299 last summer.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I thought the AK-900 was under 300

yep

http://shop.rdholder.com/Digi-Cool-A...Cool-AK900.htm
    Add a set of clamps at $130 and that bumps the price.

I added that in my price comparison to show uncle clover's bitter progeny that the AK is STILL cheaper than the SuperSpongebob manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Couldn't tell you...never had any complaints from the fairer sex that would lead me to think that is personal short coming.
    You're still carrying uncle clover's grudge Against DC and are completely unreasonable on the subject. You need to stop trolling posts about Digicool when you know next to nothing about them.
    CARRYING A GRUDGE? You are a short sighted, narrow minded person. I have my own opinion. And leave my family out of it. You know nothing of them and are not in a position to comment

This post was about the durability of the AK-900, a topic that, by your own repeated admission, you have exactly zero knowledge of.

And the post contained several other sub-topics that members commented on. I never mentioned a thing about durability.
    You did. I answered and offered an opinion on a cost comparison which which you unsuccessfully tried to spin out of context and twist the meaning of.
    Yet, you insist upon throwing your anti-DC rant into the mix.

[/COLOR]
    How about this, next time you want to offer your opinion on a DC manifold SPECIFICALLY, buy one, use it for a month, THEN offer an opinion.
    This is a free forum...and the opinions I have expressed are on subjects I am knowledgeable about.
    It is you thru your twisting, spinning, cherry picking, and context warping posts that have tried to paint me as an expert on a product you worship..

Until then, keep it in your pants.[/QUOTE]

Keep what in my pants?

Add a set of clamps at $130 and that bumps the price.

I added that in my price comparison to show uncle clover's bitter progeny that the AK is STILL cheaper than the SuperSpongebob manifold.
    Really? The SMAN 3 is under three fifty. And you keep ignoring the cost of the 550...under 330.00 in Johnstones flyer.

You always ignore facts that prove you wrong.

Is it easy to calibrate the pipe clamps temp reading on the AK900? Does it hold a temp setting well. I find that my fieldpiece SC 77 does not hold a pipe clamp calibration for long, and that is very annoying!
    -Marty

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post

Really? The SMAN 3 is under three fifty. And you keep ignoring the cost of the 550...under 330.00 in Johnstones flyer.

You always ignore facts that prove you wrong.
    The SMAN4 is the "latest and greatest"

Let's keep it "apples to apples"

Quote Originally Posted by m singer View Post
    Is it easy to calibrate the pipe clamps temp reading on the AK900? Does it hold a temp setting well. I find that my fieldpiece SC 77 does not hold a pipe clamp calibration for long, and that is very annoying!
    Unlike "k-type" thermocouples used by other models, thermistors sensors used by the AK-900 do not need calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by m singer View Post
    AKs should be calibrated annually ...as any conscience instrument maintenance program calls for.

Unlike "k-type" thermocouples used by other models, thermistors sensors used by the AK-900 do not need calibration.
    That is utter bunk. They may not need field calibration like K-types but you are insinuating an instrument never needs calibration.

Pure nonsense.

Jp you are going to run out of whipping boys when FP stops using Type-Ks...and it won't be all that long til it happens.

The SMAN4 is the "latest and greatest"

Let's keep it "apples to apples"
    Yeah, three valve manifolds. That's what you said.

Man, you keep altering your statements worse than a menopausal female with a migraine.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast