Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best place to have an H10 repaired?

I've got a broken H10g. My local parts house can send it out to be repaired and said the average cost to repair is between $250 and $300. I have a hard time paying that much when I can get a new H10 from TTT for $407. Is there a cheaper way to do this? If it is important. I sucked up water. It got into the pump. I took it apart and I pulled the hoses off the pump. Dried it out for a week or two. Use it and it worked one time. Used it again today and it doesn't sense refrig. The pump is pulling(ball floating) and I tried a new sensor. It will start beeping when I turn up the knob. But it doesn't sound off when I put it up to refrigerant.

Also, I want to buy a battery powered leak detector(not a H10PM) for a back up/quick use. Which is the best? I had a D-Tek Select. Honestly wasn't that crazy about it. But, I was comparing it to the mighty H10, so it wasn't a fair fight. Is there a better one out there besides the D-Tek?
    In 1959, Cuba wanted "CHANGE" too.

If you like the H10 then as a back up I'd recommend the Tif ZX.
    On the repair I would recommend emailing or calling Bacharach to see what their charge for repair would be.

H-10 PM is a great portable... just keep the battery charged. The lead-acid type of battery does not have a memory (like power tools used to)... it actually does better if it is kept fully charged. yes, it is bulky... however it also is a great leak detector! I have an H-10 and an H-10PM on my van.

As to the repair... If it is more than a few years old (mine was 10+ when it failed)... I would get a new one. Sometime in recent years the H-10's became a lot more sensitive to 410A... better IMO to have a leak detector that works well with 410.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Thanks for the info. I think I will sell pick up a new one and sell this one on ebay. Broken ones sell for $50+.

And I have read good things about the ZX, I'll pick one up.

Look into the Fieldpiece SLR2 or SLR8 I think is the corrct number. It is Infared one, 10yrs on sensor, the wind does not false it. Great for R410 and it is really sensitive for R22. It has a super sensitive Turbo mode. On number above is heated diode and one is infared. Get the infared.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Painful Chafe View Post
    Thanks for the info. I think I will sell pick up a new one and sell this one on ebay. Broken ones sell for $50+.

And I have read good things about the ZX, I'll pick one up.
    PM me... I have a broken H-10 I need some parts for... maybe we can work out a deal.

THX!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Also, what is the difference between the H10PM and this one? I'm assuming this is an older model than the PM. But what exactly is the difference? I actually own this. It was given to me for free, but I haven't used it. I'm thinking of dusting it off and giving it a whirl until I get a new H10G or get the broken one fixed. It needs a battery but works fine when plugged in. At least with R22. I haven't tested it with 410.

Mine has a varible adjustment knob that allows me to dial in sensitivity when using the manual mode.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    PM me... I have a broken H-10 I need some parts for... maybe we can work out a deal.

THX!
    Quote Originally Posted by Painful Chafe View Post
    Also, what is the difference between the H10PM and this one? I'm assuming this is an older model than the PM. But what exactly is the difference? I actually own this. It was given to me for free, but I haven't used it. I'm thinking of dusting it off and giving it a whirl until I get a new H10G or get the broken one fixed. It needs a battery but works fine when plugged in. At least with R22. I haven't tested it with 410.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Mine has a varible adjustment knob that allows me to dial in sensitivity when using the manual mode.
    THX for the replies...

My 'old one' (the one that needs parts) has the adjustment knob also. What happened to mine (and I take responsibility for the foo-bar); I changed the battery... and hooked it up backwards (red-black and black-red). Plugged in the charger to top off the battery. In about a minute I notice I am letting the magic smoke out of it. Took it apart and find a few parts on the circuit board are fried. Figured if I could find a board from another H-10... I would rob the parts. Can you take the gold plate out of the box and take a close-up pic of the back side... specifically the circuit board? THX!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

I just opened up mine. Very few parts that can be seen without a total disassembly including all the knobs and switches. There are 4 power transistors mounted in a heat sink that would require disassembl also. This is not something I care to do.

sorry
    Doug

The one the you replaced the sensor, did you turn the heat adjustment on the bottom all the way down?
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Here it is

Also, I got a battery today. Charged it up. The battery went from 4v to 12.2. But, when you unplug the cord it doesn't power up. It works when it is plugged in, though. Doesn't make sense. When I plug in the charger I get 12v to the battery leads. The battery charged up. It is a good battery. It works in a co workers H10PM. But it doesn't run when unplugged.

mine doesn't look like that at all.
    Doug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast