A O Smith Vortex

Quote Originally Posted by tomwk View Post
    I contacted 2 different reps at AO Smith and both assured me that I would not experience a short cycling problem - especially not one that would drastically affect the life of the unit - even if I am not using it to its full potential.

So I am going to go with it and take my chances.

Thanks for all the opinions.
    tomwk, its been 2 years since your last post regarding the AO Smith Vertex, did you install this unit and if so would you recomend it? I am also in the market for a new WH and interested in the same Vertex model. My contractor is urging me to consider a Rinnai on demand unit however I am reluctant to do so given what seems to be an overwhelming amount of negative reviews. Please post any feedback you have regarding the Vertex, thanks in advance.

Made this its own thread. You re not permitted to post in other peoples threads in the AOP forums. Please read our site rules, thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thank you, I hit "Reply With Quote", what did I do incorrectly and how does one reply without posting?

You can't. In Nov 2011 our sites rules where changed so that only vetted Pro members could answer threads in the AOP forums. While this does inhibit regular gust from asking what someone things of their X brand system. it also prevents misleading answer from people that don't know the true/real answer.

Good chance ome of our pro members will be able to answer any questions you have about teh A.O. Smith Vortec.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

OK, that makes sense, thank you.