Newbie stuff, but what kind of system do I have?

I need new thermostats at a commercial location where I do building maintenance. I want to make sure we get the right thermostats, there seem to be a lot of different types.

I think the heat option makes the biggest difference, as far as I know the air handler has an electric heating element in it, and we have compressors on the roof for A/C.

I don't know if that's enough info, but I do know it's not a heat pump or any type of gas setup. What would this setup be called so that I can get the correct thermostats?

TIA.

you need to establish if this thing is a heat pump?, how many compressors are in it?, and just what size it is?
    we are not there.

just what kind of building maintenance is it you do?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    you need to establish if this thing is a heat pump?, how many compressors are in it?, and just what size it is?
    we are not there.

just what kind of building maintenance is it you do?
    I thought I mentioned it was not a heat pump, that it has an electrical heating element in the air handler. It's one compressor per air handler, I believe it's a three ton unit.

not trying to piss you off (well maybe) "believe" "as far as I know" aren't confidence exuding statements

now---do you have a model & serial number of Id & OD units?

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    not trying to piss you off (well maybe) "believe" "as far as I know" aren't confidence exuding statements

now---do you have a model & serial number of Id & OD units?

I'll get that info. A friend told me they are single stage, because they are the cheapest RUUD units you can get .

I just need to find out now if I can use an automatic changeover thermostat with this system, which is a zone system. The idea is to remove the ability for the individual zones to change the system between heat and cool, and use an auto changeover thermostat instead.

next ???'s
    what brand zone system you got there?
    most all zone systems have a central control, what brand is it?
    most all system controllers poll the members.

most electronic t-stats will be "configurable" to the system it is attached to, in a straight out application.