Unit running constantly....

Ya think?

Name:  IMG_20130725_134917.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  67.5 KB

Am I missing something? I don't see the problem, unless its behind the piece of grass.
    Was the contactor welded shut?

Oh nvm, I just saw the screw driver. ROFL. I thought it was a wirenut.

Back story....

Scheduled as a simple AC maint for a new customer. Talk to him when I get there and I ask him if everything has been working ok. He says yes, but it's been running all the time. I'm thinking thats because it's been so friggin hot. Well, I was wrong.

21 yr old Rheem paired with a Thermopride oil, in a very very damp, wet lake of a crawlspace.

Got no voltage at the fan control center. Fan ran constantly, though. Even when I had the system shut off at the Tstat. Take a look at the fan limit, and that little white button is pushed in, so everything is running, all the time.

Quoted to replace the fan control center, and also for our plumbers to come out and figure out a way to take care of the water problem, since there'd be no guarantee that the new control center wouldnt do the same thing.

Customer declined, and had me put everything back how it was. On the positive, we have a quote set up for a new system.

Why bother spending money getting it maintained when you don't care if it works or not? People blow my mind.

I had one where the tech used needle nose vice grips to connect the burnt wire on a compressor terminal that burned off- it was exposed! The vice grips just sticking out in the open.

Makes you think of how many screwdrivers he goes through