+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daikin RZQ-FTQ Ducted Air Handler Inverter heat pump

Post Likes

Daikin RZQ-FTQ Ducted Air Handler Inverter heat pump

This is not a ceiling mounted cassette, this is an actual ducted air handler, many don't even know that these exist but they are up to a 12 HSPF and can heat with no backup electric to about 5F depending on load and conditions. It is incredibly quiet at about 50 decibels and provides a nice warm heat. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://youtu.be/b4etK2jUPGE
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Post Likes
    You know there are knockouts on the back for the electrical and refrigerant lines, right?

I'm torn between just doing the inverter ducted for my house, or doing a VRVIII-S with multiple zones.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    You know there are knockouts on the back for the electrical and refrigerant lines, right?

I'm torn between just doing the inverter ducted for my house, or doing a VRVIII-S with multiple zones.
    I do see the knockouts, I don't know why the guys didn't go through them, I will have to ask because I am hoping there is a good reason for it. This was our first one and the factory rep who was supposed to be there at the end of install for startup had to head to the hospital in for an emergency and we had to have the California Daikin rep get it startup up via his phone while driving home in traffic since the homeowner wanted heat that night. It certainly could have gone smoother on our end and Daikins end, but it is more than worth it now that its running and the homeowner is estatic with how much they like it and how quiet it is.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!

Post Likes
    Hate to be chippy but the line set looks truly awful

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by barty View Post
    Hate to be chippy but the line set looks truly awful
    How would you have done it different? We are required by code to wrap it with that black UV tape. We could have maybe put a 90 or two but a smooth bend flows better than a street 90 or other and the customer wanted the best refrigerant flow possible with this unit so we tried to refrain from using 90's unless needed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    How would you have done it different? We are required by code to wrap it with that black UV tape. We could have maybe put a 90 or two but a smooth bend flows better than a street 90 or other and the customer wanted the best refrigerant flow possible with this unit so we tried to refrain from using 90's unless needed.
    I see what you say but can't agree. I am doubtful the client specifically requested the pipework to look like that but who knows. These units have a high tolerance and can stand 50m let alone a few bends

Plus there are no supports for it either.

I would have moved the condenser nearer the hole so it could run out drop and along to the rear access.

The indoor unit should have been facing into the room for better access. the pipes could then find a better route (left and up and away)

Looked at your youtube, The mitsi 4 port looks really professional. The envision OTOH pipe looks poor. Note the drain, all horizontal and vertical so it looks right. compare the fridge pipes draped across the back wall... Spoils the whole job IMHO

Not an attack just my opinion :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Likes
    barty... like a donkeys dick.. that was pretty funny.

Post Likes
    Gotta love where the trade is going as far as the inverter-driven stuff. When I go to someone's house and tell them they will never need backup heat, they smile ear to ear.

Now, if the pricing can come down a little closer to the unitary stuff pricing, we are golden.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Post Likes
    Daikin has some neat stuff, god help working on this stuff when it breaks. 20 degrees outside and no back up heat, sorry ma'am be back in spring.

I installed the same unit but with the hydro box indoor refrigerant to water heat exchanger, coupled to the Daikin solar storage tank, and a Multi Aqua chiller coil with a duct system, ERV etc..
    I used Multi Aqua because at that time Daikin did not have its act totally together and had no product in the USA.

The product had a few issues, first their piping layout with a 3 way valve, to supply the water tank is a dumb idea, causing flow lockouts on switch over from the radiant floor panels. I fixed this with a buffer tank but would have been ok with the primary secondary piping I wanted to install. We had a few issues with condensation caused by ghost flows of chilled water into the heating piping. All easily fixable stuff, the one thing that has troubled the owner is the very fine strainer inside the hydrobox, it has to be cleaned once a year causing the entire unit to be disassembled. Nobody wanted to listen to me when I suggested removing the screen and installing a strainer on the exterior of the unit.

All in all the unit has worked very well, but I hope I am retired or the guy loses my number if the outside unit has a problem, it is installed on a wall bracket 10 feet off the ground. Originally it was on the roof, where it blew over, but while the owner was having a bench installed in the shower the tile guy drilled multiple holes in the line set, he thought the large nail plate I installed over the piping worked really well to hold that bench on the tile wall. Ripping out glass tiles imported from Spain was not an option, so we relocated the unit.

And yes your piping looks terrible, I have found out over the years that a nice looking job will get you a referral even if you have no idea what your are doing.
    A bad looking piping job will have the owner or anyone looking think you do not know what you are doing, even if you are an ace.
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in