Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Confused NO Show no call today! 4th visit or call ....

There is a Dave Lennox awarded company in KC that's gotten the award for 28 years straight out of 7000 different dealers. (only 25 are picked)
    Now I called this company last week to come look at my system its an older outdated r-22 system that's about a seer 8 and it can't cool the house, the heats ok but its a 21 year old unit working but lets face it its so old it has a standing pilot light on it, uses inside air to heat then blows some of out the roof by pulling fresh air in the walls,cracks and or any other place my 21 year old homes leaks air. These units need to be changed and KCPL has a Cool homes program that will save me a few hundred bucks to change out this old stuff, 3 rooms of the house have never heated or cooled when asked to anyway, Bad airflow 2 low wall return for 2 rooms in 1 2x4 wall cavity poorly done and up till last fall covered from the day the house was built (one room is a bathroom). All this over a garage with an r-9 insulation above it.

At any rate I called this company last week to look at this equipment, IE the ac had to be ran to make sure it's working it was 80 dgr out that day here.
    The salesman calls the day the appointment was made to change it from 10:00 am to 11:00 am the next day. Next day comes he calls at about 10:57 saying his doctor appointment was longer then he figured it would be, ok so he can either come then and or be late or he's got tickets to the playoffs with a friend, I'm nice I said enjoy the game, he was going to come on Saturday, fine with me the wife will be home and she has to hear all this also, Saturday comes he calls about 2 min's before 11:00 am saying he's too sick (Hung over?) he'd call Monday morning and reschedule its now 2:39 pm no call yet!

Now you dealers that Sell Lennox know what the Dave Lennox award is right>? Do i call the company... its gotten stellar reviews or do I just forget it and find someone else?
    He did call a service man to at least look at the equipment and say it is qualified to replace for the extra 850 bucks it will save me or so. I had also decided to change the hot-water heater at the same time its also gas and it uses the same chimney as the furnace that works I'm replacing with newer energy efferent equipment. (I'm keeping the old stuff its mine I payed for it and I'm selling the r-22 to a contractor I know that's a HVAC tech he' has to remove it) I'll either recycle or sell the used equipment that's still working.

This company has a A+ on the BBB and ranks high on Google and angies list and has been in KC for 50 years.
    Perhaps its just a sick salesman that don't want to pass on the sale??? I don't know, but I do know he may have lost it now!
    I understand sick or someone else setting up an appointment you can't make but come on! You can't make any of them or call me back!
    I've also hinted about Manual J calculations and he didn't say anything about it but his 37 years doing this and he listens to what I'll say about the house and how the system works as well as windows doors insulation and space ex.... (looks like no blower door test) at least he said he wasn't using the 1 ton rule of Dumb! oh thumb rule most new home builds get!
    Will this need a Permit from the city for the HVAC work?
    If not when should one be asked for or gotten? Duct work change???

This company is good but I'm not felling it at this point.

Call the company, ask for the sales manager and then ask for a new salesperson. Any questions, just answer them as to why you want another person. If they can't or won't hop to it, then call another company. As to the brand, there's very little difference between brands, so just call a company who will satisfy you, regardless of brand. Good luck and post back with your results/questions!

Sounds like you've got an older salesperson with some problems.....IMO anyway!

I'd copy/paste this email to his boss, and CC the salesman. Find someone who's going to do it right, you're paying alot of money and don't need an 'eyeballer'.

Small company! Family owned and operated. This might be the only salesmen.
    He might just be Sick, at any rate I don't need his cold if he is!
    But I should have gotten a call back today about when he might be able to show up, its all good I'm just trying to beat the summer rush to get HVAC units repaired ex...
    I'm thinking this is about when you get the most service calls and or annual ck ups. Getting systems ready for the Spring.
    I'm not in that big of hurry. My heater works right now its just not that energy efferent. Now on the other hand the Ac is junk at best! But why do one part and not all of it at the same time.
    Whats wrong with us older People? I'm 53 is that a problem?
    Is there a system that can take the heat you are going to dump outside from the AC for the summer and dump it into your water heater then the condenser outside and save on Gas during about 4-6 months a year? (My wife turns on the AC what Tulips start to pop up go figure)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbg View Post
    Is there a system that can take the heat you are going to dump outside from the AC for the summer and dump it into your water heater then the condenser outside and save on Gas during about 4-6 months a year? (My wife turns on the AC what Tulips start to pop up go figure)
    Yes its called a Heat Recovery Unit and it would be an add-on to any a/c unit but requires freon lines and water lines ran to the unit.

There is a Dave Lennox awarded company in KC that's gotten the award for 28 years straight out of 7000 different dealers. (only 25 are picked)
    Now you dealers that Sell Lennox know what the Dave Lennox award is right>?
    Yes, it means that they have been among the top movers of boxes that say Lennox on them for 28 straight years, participate in the marketing coop, and at least occasionally send employees to training classes at the local Lennox distributor, nothing more.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

call and ask the service manager to quote you a new unit ,i would blow off the salesman next time he calls he had his chance
    We really need change now

Sad way of handling things is all I can say. I speaking from a salespersons point of view. Their is no way I would treat a customer like that. Sure things happen and or come up but 4 times come on!!!

I would call the company and state your firstrarion. Tell them you want to do bussiness with their company but not with that salesperson. I just hope their is not more to the story.

I always set my own appointments and verfiy with customer day before and day of to make sure nothing has changed in their schedule. I have had to reschedule a appointment due to personal problems or got hung up with another customer. It's simple for me when I am with a customer I am theirs till the load cal., quote etc... Is done unless a emergency comes up with either myself or them.

If you call and get the run around simple move on and find another contractor to look at your system. As I would not want to do bussiness with anyone who has to reschedule 4 times this time of year. I wonder what he or she does when gets really busy.

If I have to reschedule a appointment due to my schedule that's a instant $$$$ amount of discount for the customer as I feel their time is valuable as is mine. So they should receive a discount unless appointment time is changed at least 24 hours before the 1st visit is to take place.

Please post back what you end up doing and how the company handles this problem with missing 4 appointments.

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    Yes its called a Heat Recovery Unit and it would be an add-on to any a/c unit but requires freon lines and water lines ran to the unit.
    The Guy that came out to look at the unit to find out if it got the Discounts from the Electrical and gas company didn't know of any device like that, in fact he was confused about it when I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Yes, it means that they have been among the top movers of boxes that say Lennox on them for 28 straight years, participate in the marketing coop, and at least occasionally send employees to training classes at the local Lennox distributor, nothing more.
    Kind of what I thought, Like Car Audio and any other sales type of profession. As in Top 5 Ford dealers ex....
    It not giving them anything more then an Idea that there supporting that product line. (I'd assume they have had good luck with it)
    I might not be able to afford all the toys or options I'm looking to get but at least I'd like to have been offered the idea of it or option of adding it later if its out of the budget now.
    At this Point I have no idea what this stuff cost and I can't ask about it either.

What was that Question? About more Government?

Still no call no Show! I e-mailed the company today lets see what happens? Perhaps he's so sick he passed out (Drunk) and can't get up?
    You know Collage basketball is still on, somehow I think this is the problem. Sick is one thing but you pass it onto the office your sick and let them handle it. Unless this is there only sales man.
    Wow I posted this almost 10 days ago. What if my system didn't work???? GRRRRRR
    My bad is I spent a lot of time looking into this company, but I'm starting to see a different picture then I got from qualifications posted.
    I won't name the company, thats not fair this might just be the one guy. The tec that came out to inspect it for KCPL's replacement did a good job but he did start to walk away from a 220 volt box open outside with exposed wires I made him close because kids might walk up and put there fingers in a live box 2 feet off the ground. (Sorry not a smart move he said he does it all the time never had a problem only takes one kid one death then its a problem) I asked the guy to close the box at least. He put it back together.

Still no call no Show! I e-mailed the company today lets see what happens? Perhaps he's so sick he passed out (Drunk) and can't get up?
    You know Collage basketball is still on, somehow I think this is the problem. Sick is one thing but you pass it onto the office your sick and let them handle it. Unless this is there only sales man.
    My bad is I spent a lot of time looking into this company, but I'm starting to see a different picture then I got from qualifications posted.
    I won't name the company, thats not fair this might just be the one guy. The tec that came out to inspect it for KCPL's replacement did a good job but he did start to walk away from a 220 volt box open outside with exposed wires I made him close because kids might walk up and put there fingers in a live box 2 feet off the ground. (Sorry not a smart move he said he does it all the time never had a problem only takes one kid one death then its a problem) I asked the guy to close the box at least. He put it back together.
    I would move on to a company that will value your business! The salesperson is a repenstive for his company and if I practiced this kind of work I wouldn't have a job. I would have to say that if this anything like the install would go you wouldn't want to use them.

I am just puzzled by how they keep putting you off? I don't understand how people think they can expect to get business from a customer when acting in this manner of lack of acting. When it comes to service he is painting a bad picture of how his company does bussiness.

Again I woundnt keep waiting for this company. As their are a lot of good companies out there that want to earn to bussiness and it sounds like you are ready to buy a new system. So move on and find a company that will value you, your home and your time.

all this and your still waiting on this company
    We really need change now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast