sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister
    Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his
    Parliament members why he believes so much in America, he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many
    want in ... And how many want out." Only two defining forces have ever
    offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Last edited by retired btc; 01-30-2007 at 03:56 PM. Reason: color
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Wow. As an American I appreciate that alot. Mr Blair is a brave man and I admire him.

In the interest of accuracy, that isn't exactly what Blair said but it has the same sentiments:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/blair.asp

The part about dieing for you though wasn't spoken by Tony Blair.
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.

Good thing for snopes.com or else we would all be believing what we read on the internet or what we get in forwarded e-mails and thankfuly we have those that have the ambition to search out such follies.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

I guess I should have checked snopes too. But I'll stand by my comments, If you read all the quotes on snopes you'll see that Mr. Blair's position on the U.S. is far from the politically popular. I admire him for being one of only a small number of world leaders to stand unwaveringly behind us in a very unpopular political climate

Quote Originally Posted by bluestone View Post
    I guess I should have checked snopes too. But I'll stand by my comments, If you read all the quotes on snopes you'll see that Mr. Blair's position on the U.S. is far from the politically popular. I admire him for being one of only a small number of world leaders to stand unwaveringly behind us in a very unpopular political climate
    That's what I wanted to get across was that while it isn't exactly accurate, the sentiment was the same and it's well worth remembering. The snopes article mentioned several poeple using the test of how many people want in vs want out of a country.
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.