Thread: Daily Job Cuts

Daily Job Cuts

Anybody pay attention or aware of this site? Freshly reminded of this subject as Boeing announced a layoff of 800 employees with more to come.

Is this site not a good pulse as to what is actually happening across the States in our local communities?

http://www.dailyjobcuts.com/
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Isn't that cheery website

Check out the BLS U-6 number.

THAT is a frightening number, but government always uses the U-3 number, because it sounds and looks better

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Didn't know about the BLS numbers. Below is a wonderful term regarding folks:::marginally attached to the labor force::::: someone spend a lot of time making that up.

NOTE: Persons marginally attached to the labor force are those who currently are neither working nor looking for work but indicate that they want and are available for a job and have looked for work sometime in the past 12 months. Discouraged workers, a subset of the marginally attached, have given a job-market related reason for not currently looking for work. Persons employed part time for economic reasons are those who want and are available for full-time work but have had to settle for a part-time schedule. Updated population controls are introduced annually with the release of January data.

Like most of you guys on here I'm on the street and seeing what I am seeing. I don't see a recovery except for a few Southern hot & humid states. And I think that is mainly because people would rather give up food than not have A/C.

Union friend has not worked steady for 2 years. All the sites he has worked on in the past two years were all Federal government housing/projects. No more on the job board, he says. He's decided he has to start looking for anything he can get.

My neighbor was a framer on new housing, laid off for over 2 years he says, went to local furnace school to learn the trade, hire by local residential company. Today is Wednesday and his service van has not moved. When I'm around to see him he's typically back in his driveway by noon or so at least 2 days a week. Can't see how he considers himself full time employeed and how he's going to support his wife & three kids.

To rub salt in my wound, my favorite meat & potato's restaurant is now charging and extra buck twenty five for having an extra roll with dinner. Use to be free for the past 15 years.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post

Like most of you guys on here I'm on the street and seeing what I am seeing. I don't see a recovery except for a few Southern hot & humid states. And I think that is mainly because people would rather give up food than not have A/C.

I don't think I'd call it booming here like during the 80's oil rush, but in my area work seems to be picking up. Seems to be a fair bit of migration from the rust belt and Kalifornia.
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

Oh no Pappas resuraunt closed I'm losing sleep. I worked at McDonnell Douglas when they laid off 50,000 I'm still doing okay and Long Beach didnt go bankrupt as a matter of fact they build houses where the hangers used to be, CHACHING. Change means opportunity for growth.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

People on government food stamp assistance is up 70% in the last 7 years.

The economy has been in decline for at least the last 10 years, yet the media keeps reporting a slow improvement. What a load of crap!
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Get educated and find some skills and get to work. When I left aircraft manufacturing that skill did absolutly nothing to get me a job as a matter of fact it was anegative on my resume for even working at Mcdonnell Douglas. Luckily I had skills to fall back on that I eventually used mainly a solid work ethic that can only be acheived by a good attitude and willingness.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

I found the same thing... after working at an airline shop... nobody understood aircraft maintenance. Thankfully I went self employed (learned how to paint and roof houses).

Funny how the aviation community is a cool place until you leave it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14