Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I get a laugh out of guys who come on this site with a bag of crap and when they are told it's a bag of crap they get all offended and start blaming the regular participants (and calling them names) for pointing out it's a bag of crap.

In this particular case, the OP said this"Give me your thoughts, options or recommendations on the most cost effective time efficient method to ease this guys troubles." I don't believe anyone on this site is an "elitist faggot". I think what everyone tried to point out is that changing compressors, TXVs and adding water cooled condensers wasn't going to be cost effective solution to the OP customer's problem. The FACT that the owner of the brewery has tripled the size of the brewery, wouldn't it stand to reason the size of the chiller will have to be tripled as well? The OP says the original chiller was sized for a 400 gallon system. I want to know what kind of magic anyone in this world could perform on a 2.5 T machine and turn it into a 7.5 ton machine. Compressors, TXVs and water cooled condensers won't do it...the OP never mentioned anything about the evaporator. How in the hell can one get anymore capacity out of a system without including the evporator in the equation?

Seriously, Pr0dukt, some basic thermodynamics would have given you your answer. You didn't need to come on here and insult the many people who have WAAAAAY more experience than you. And if your customer has more than doubled his production that means he has to be selling more product so his pleas of poverty aren't striking a chord with me. The craft brewery business is a serious money maker.

Perhaps moving on to another forum would be the best course of action for you. There's nobody on this forum that knows anything.

WWFD?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    WWFD?
    Get out of my head. I just told shaker this guy is the FENG in disguise.

I think I heard about that 40 HP comp he rebuilt. It's a 90hp tractor engine now. They use in their new business, "2 Guys & A Tractor" ditch digging.

I mentioned converting the whole system to a water loop with a flat plate which goes in hand with changing the evap. Which would decrease the demand drastically since glycol isn't even a necessity in this system running a 40 degree set point. I just wasn't sure how expensive that would be compared to a whooole new chiller. I just wanted ****ing opinions without getting the third degree on what IS DA BESTEST WAY TO DOOET. No **** changing it to a 5-7 ton chiller would be ideal but he wanted to hear possible options so I took the liberty to look for some, as I never have tried something like this before. Normally I would just go with a fresh install.

Built everyone on here is on the immediate high horse, without giving any, even remotely, intelligent responses. Just telling me **** I already well know. And LOL @ these half wits having more experience than me. I'm sure they're defiantly people on here that do (which were the ones I was hoping to hear from) but I got a bunch of
    Simple minded "just change the unit, don't be enginuitive" responses, or cocky union sheet metal guys running their mouths in a section they have no business in. Plus I've browsed other threads in this section. Some of these people who call themselves techs make me laugh. No clue and practically typing bull**** right out of a basic refrigeration book and then puffing their chest out. Lolol give me a break. Yet since you guys are all "tight", naturally you just go on the offense when a new forum member needs advice you don't know how to give. God damn apprentices acting like journeymen.

Where is all the real technicians at? I've seen way more complicated **** done with less from people with the means and knowledge to get it done. There is most certainly a way to upsize this without changing every inch of the system.

Cobble together a chiller then super tech. It would be best for your customer because they will get torqued off at your super job and hopefully find a real company. Try these I think it might help with your complex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lREEr...e_gdata_player

I asked you questions in post 7 and still haven’t gotten answers. I deal with a lot of chilled water systems Pro Chillers included.

Loose the attitude and answer some questions.

PS: read the rules about” treat other site members with respect”!

Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I asked you questions in post 7 and still haven’t gotten answers. I deal with a lot of chilled water systems Pro Chillers included.

Loose the attitude and answer some questions.

PS: read the rules about” treat other site members with respect”!

I'm afraid its too late for him. I hear the bus warming up.

The question you asked: How do I put 10 pounds of $hit in a 5 pound bag? You can't. But you knew that already and that is why you came here to ask the elitist faggots. Since spending more money is not an option, the only other option he has is to make less beer. Does this guy have money to pay you to babysit his equipment? You need to increase capacity. Correct? Swallow a txv and blow it out your ass.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

^ "show other members respect"? Lol that not apply for people who think they are cool for having over 1000 posts? LOL

My attitude was fine off the get go. I was asking something because I obviously need an answer and I get **** like that ^ above me. Yet I'm supposed to go "okay sorry all mighty forum techs. I should never have tried something out of the norm and just told the guy he's completely ****ed until he learns to save his money better. Then I'm sure he would go find a "real" company who can get things done with what's in front of them. Think outside the damn box for once maybe? You guys are useless. If I wanted basic refrigeration nonsense, I'd open a textbook. Keep your ****ty commentary to yourself yeah?

Pecmsg, at least tried to be helpful. It's a primary/ secondary pumping system when more than 2 of the solenoids energize it calls for the second pump in the loop. Your other questions, were about SH and SC I believe? SH idles at about 10 and subcooling I'm not sure as it has a receiver and I haven't put a joint directly after the condenser. Sight glass is full. Charge isn't so much an issue. Normal operations pressures are 45 over 220 (R-22) and head will raise under its full load obviously. Specs listed are just for the 2 200gal tanks runningc

Can't remember if there was anything else you wanted to know. If upped the compressor size from a 2 ton to a 5 and threw in a water cooled condenser that I have at the shop, that alone would save him money. There is a water line I could tie into and convert the loop to water. It might work a lot better. What do you think?
    *directed at pecmsg * I'd rather the apprentices stay out of it for the moment..

Quote Originally Posted by pr0dukt View Post
    ^ "show other members respect"? Lol that not apply for people who think they are cool for having over 1000 posts? LOL

My attitude was fine off the get go. I was asking something because I obviously need an answer and I get **** like that ^ above me. Yet I'm supposed to go "okay sorry all mighty forum techs. I should never have tried something out of the norm and just told the guy he's completely ****ed until he learns to save his money better. Then I'm sure he would go find a "real" company who can get things done with what's in front of them. Think outside the damn box for once maybe? You guys are useless. If I wanted basic refrigeration nonsense, I'd open a textbook. Keep your ****ty commentary to yourself yeah?

Pecmsg, at least tried to be helpful. It's a primary/ secondary pumping system when more than 2 of the solenoids energize it calls for the second pump in the loop. Your other questions, were about SH and SC I believe? SH idles at about 10 and subcooling I'm not sure as it has a receiver and I haven't put a joint directly after the condenser. Sight glass is full. Charge isn't so much an issue. Normal operations pressures are 45 over 220 (R-22) and head will raise under its full load obviously. Specs listed are just for the 2 200gal tanks runningc

Can't remember if there was anything else you wanted to know. If upped the compressor size from a 2 ton to a 5 and threw in a water cooled condenser that I have at the shop, that alone would save him money. There is a water line I could tie into and convert the loop to water. It might work a lot better. What do you think?
    *directed at pecmsg * I'd rather the apprentices stay out of it for the moment..
    A little confusion on your part, yet agin. You through out a bunch of data indicating a grossly undersized system, and knew it was grossly undersized. But you said nothing about FIXING that problem. You went straight into rig this re engineer that and beat it till its big enough non sense. I said that was not the best way to serve your customer and would lead to a big mess. You then flopped on the floor kicking and screaming about people being mean to you. Then came the name calling, agin that was you, and vulgarity. Believe it or not the people you lashed out at are some pretty sharp techs that I'm positive would have loved to work through this with you. How ever being called, what was it, oh ya "elitist faggots" probably burnt them bridges clean up. So what I would tell you at this juncture is to take a running leap at a rolling doughnut in a gravel driveway. And have a nice day.

If you look at post 5 I think you will find your problem with finding help. I know Tommyknocker personally, he is a great all around tech works on big to small. You did not like his post even though you omitted information and then proceed to act like a very mature person.
    Nobody knows your knowledge or skill level here since your new and will obviously ask you "textbook questions" to see where your at. Why you come out swinging like a keyboard warrior is beyond me.

I understand your trying to help the guy. My biggest concern is: Are labor and parts it is going to eat him up? Vs. A new chiller using less energy with a warranty. Even though new it is not an option is building a new machine from parts and pieces that much cheaper in the long run? We have gone down similar roads on a much much bigger scale. That's why when at least I see this I ask these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by pr0dukt View Post
    I mentioned converting the whole system to a water loop with a flat plate which goes in hand with changing the evap. Which would decrease the demand drastically since glycol isn't even a necessity in this system running a 40 degree set point. I just wasn't sure how expensive that would be compared to a whooole new chiller. I just wanted ****ing opinions without getting the third degree on what IS DA BESTEST WAY TO DOOET. No **** changing it to a 5-7 ton chiller would be ideal but he wanted to hear possible options so I took the liberty to look for some, as I never have tried something like this before. Normally I would just go with a fresh install.

Built everyone on here is on the immediate high horse, without giving any, even remotely, intelligent responses. Just telling me **** I already well know. And LOL @ these half wits having more experience than me. I'm sure they're defiantly people on here that do (which were the ones I was hoping to hear from) but I got a bunch of
    Simple minded "just change the unit, don't be enginuitive" responses, or cocky union sheet metal guys running their mouths in a section they have no business in. Plus I've browsed other threads in this section. Some of these people who call themselves techs make me laugh. No clue and practically typing bull**** right out of a basic refrigeration book and then puffing their chest out. Lolol give me a break. Yet since you guys are all "tight", naturally you just go on the offense when a new forum member needs advice you don't know how to give. God damn apprentices acting like journeymen.

Where is all the real technicians at? I've seen way more complicated **** done with less from people with the means and knowledge to get it done. There is most certainly a way to upsize this without changing every inch of the system.
    Some ideas for you
    I had a walk-in cooler that was used for cooling hams out of a smoke house, was always tripping high head. Installed a CPR valve on it. Solved the problem but took longer to cool down.
    I am assuming it is air cooled unit you are working on. dont know how good your ventlation is but I have added water cooled condensers in series with the air cooled condenser to add condensing capacity.
    At a small brewery I did we installed a glycol storage tank that stored extra cooling capacity for when he had to cool his vats.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast