Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Do you do resi work pr0duct? I ask this because I know if we have resi customers that want the whole system changed out over a bad heat exchanger. We end up with a lot of good condensers sitting around in our scrap yard. If you have a similar situation maybe you could get a evap barrel and txv and make some chillers like that for additional load. Like the previous poster said get a tank if it doesn't have one. Just get the chiller you have now up to snuff and add some homemade helpers to the tank.

I suggest you get in touch with a local manufacturer's rep to go over the job with you. He can assess what you'll need and give you recommendations, at not cost.

Standard Refrigeration is a good place to start. They make a line of chiller builder kits that might work well if you're trying to save some money. They come with the chiller barrel and all the necessary controls:

http://www.stanref.com/cbk/cbk.htm

Yeah freight I do a little bit of resi work. We get all sorts of salvagable systems at our short I either pull from to Frankenstein on site systems that need a quick and cheap fix until replacement is made, or if they sit around too long I will just build up a nice little unit and sell it on Craigslist for a buck. =p

Good idea though, I've been looking at what we have. Turns out this guy finally just caved in and desired to run this system on a separate smaller loop and put a 5 ton on this one. So now I'm just looking at the best chiller options for him.

Solo after all that bickering and nonsense, this guy is going to change the unit anyways LOL. I apologize to anyone I was a dick too. Stress and **** as of late. I've had a lot on my plate, aside from this project so I've been high strung the past few days.

And thanks for the link icemiester. Will defiantly take a look for future jobs. I've done some work with those before.

Quote Originally Posted by pr0dukt View Post
    Yeah freight I do a little bit of resi work. We get all sorts of salvagable systems at our short I either pull from to Frankenstein on site systems that need a quick and cheap fix until replacement is made, or if they sit around too long I will just build up a nice little unit and sell it on Craigslist for a buck. =p

Good idea though, I've been looking at what we have. Turns out this guy finally just caved in and desired to run this system on a separate smaller loop and put a 5 ton on this one. So now I'm just looking at the best chiller options for him.

Solo after all that bickering and nonsense, this guy is going to change the unit anyways LOL. I apologize to anyone I was a dick too. Stress and **** as of late. I've had a lot on my plate, aside from this project so I've been high strung the past few days.

And thanks for the link icemiester. Will defiantly take a look for future jobs. I've done some work with those before.
    Funny how things work out.
    I asked my butler on the way to the job site this morning about the elitist faggot comment and he and my limo driver agreed you were probably just stressed. So it was no big deal
    Stick around, contribute and learn. It is a great site with a lot of good knowledge and opinions.

Your welcome
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

It was working when I left...
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

You catch that doughnut? it happens to us all. The thing about techs is that even though we may not always be rite we are NEVER wrong!! Shake it off. Already over it.

Haha ain't it the truth. And yeah I plan to stick around. I've been wanting a good network of techs I can learn from. Especially on the supermarket side since I've been away from it for awhile and there is a lot to catch up on

If they are going to buy a new chiller I know Pro Chiller use to give a rebate on the old chiller if you bought a new one. something is better than nothing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123