Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Banana Republic,Florida
    Posts
    400

    Odd Beer Case issue

    Ok i got a 24ft line up of Beer( Hill O5DM Case) the issue that im having is i'm getting some mold on the Beer packages.
    My case setpoint is 36* my rack is 404a +20SST. I've played with 3 defrost a day and 4 at :42min. I've set my term at 45* etc...... My store conditions are 72*- 53%R/H -S.Heat on both is 6-9*. The highest the temp gets during defrost is 43-46* its controled by an E2E- suction epr is a (CDS)
    I'm just don't know what else to look at my rack and case are spot on all my fans,and fan blades on the cases are good not bent. My a/c's are also working as they should. I don't have any excess air entering these case either. The beer itself is cold and fine its just the package that gets small sections of mold or mildew: THX
    Mastic its whats for dinner!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Pas, Manitoba Canada
    Posts
    212
    Where is the beer being delivered from?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Banana Republic,Florida
    Posts
    400
    there is a staging area in the stock room where the conditions are good as well
    Mastic its whats for dinner!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    88
    Are the fans coming on before the coil temp is low enough to cause the condensation not to blow into the case?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,489
    Do they often have broken bottles? If someone breaks a bottle and splashes beer all over, you will get mold spots

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    799
    There is a problem BEFORE the beer is loaded in to the cooler. Some distributors keep their beer cold then put it in a warm truck for delivery. It could also be in a cold truck and sweats in a stockroom somewhere before it gets put in the cooler. Once the cardboard gets wet and is stacked together with other cases, it is very hard to dry it out.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,777
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahWes View Post
    There is a problem BEFORE the beer is loaded in to the cooler. Some distributors keep their beer cold then put it in a warm truck for delivery. It could also be in a cold truck and sweats in a stockroom somewhere before it gets put in the cooler. Once the cardboard gets wet and is stacked together with other cases, it is very hard to dry it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
    Do they often have broken bottles? If someone breaks a bottle and splashes beer all over, you will get mold spots
    These both sound like reasonable explanations.

    I'd also throw this one out there.

    I have had several issues with HP cases not having the correct airflow.

    Either they're installing the wrong motors at the factory or they're publishing the wrong specs.

    I know that new, proper motors corrected it, so I'm betting that the specs aren't wrong..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Banana Republic,Florida
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    These both sound like reasonable explanations.

    I'd also throw this one out there.

    I have had several issues with HP cases not having the correct airflow.

    Either they're installing the wrong motors at the factory or they're publishing the wrong specs.

    I know that new, proper motors corrected it, so I'm betting that the specs aren't wrong..
    I have thought of that cause out of all the cases in this store this is the only line up with the issue. I have called HP and they have assured me i've got the right motor package
    Mastic its whats for dinner!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Banana Republic,Florida
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
    Do they often have broken bottles? If someone breaks a bottle and splashes beer all over, you will get mold spots
    not that i have seen or smelled
    Mastic its whats for dinner!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,777
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorfan9606 View Post
    I have thought of that cause out of all the cases in this store this is the only line up with the issue. I have called HP and they have assured me i've got the right motor package
    Does your airflow match their published specs?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,777
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorfan9606 View Post
    I have thought of that cause out of all the cases in this store this is the only line up with the issue. I have called HP and they have assured me i've got the right motor package
    They insisted all day long that they had the proper motors.

    Even sent the wrong motors to me again.

    Got an engineer on the phone, beat him up a little and got the correct motors in.

    Haven't heard a peep since.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Banana Republic,Florida
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Does your airflow match their published specs?
    yes it does and i don't lose any airflow at all. At first i thought my coil was frosting up right before defrost but that wasn't the case
    Mastic its whats for dinner!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Banana Republic,Florida
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    They insisted all day long that they had the proper motors.

    Even sent the wrong motors to me again.

    Got an engineer on the phone, beat him up a little and got the correct motors in.


    Haven't heard a peep since.
    The fans that are in this case are that ECM motor and blade combo they are black i forgot the exact name of it
    Mastic its whats for dinner!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event