Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    24 hrs? I could replace everything in the attic in 18 with all new stuff, you must be slow or joking..or worse charge by the hour !! LOL
    No you couldn't.... The biggest problem is that EVERYTHING that was done was done improperly.

This list is both long and distinguished.

There has to be gas pressure regulators installed, an air balance, outside air intakes added, circuits for the water heaters separated and GFCI outlets added (after pulling new wire because of the lack of grounds in the main panel), condensate traps redone, using a pump for dealing with the condensate, the flue needs to be redone with new roof penetrations because of the way they cut through the roof (the flue venting is literally glued to the roof decking with mastic), one of the systems needs to be leak checked and repaired, there are also some seed drying equipment that needs to be repaired.

In total there are 9 pieces of equipment, not just the two POS furnaces and condensers...
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

They used a little bit of everything. Is that vents off vents?

I was going to ask - where do you start? (rhetorical question). Stuff everywhere.

I'm not sure I understand what your saying, I am not a plumber but I always see cleanouts in the basement in the stack near the floor. If the line is plugged when you take the cap off of the cleanout poop may come out. It may be already coming out of the floor drain.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

I don't know what you are *****ing about t least they took the time to strap down the steal gas line. lol
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, if the Cleanout is below a sewer line and the sewer line backs up wouldn't the pressure push the poop out of the vent?
    Sewage will flow into coil drain pan before it could ever flow out the illegal vents, that is until a log plugs up the 3/4" PVC. Pump is a good idea as it has a check valve but it would still be illegal to discharge into that clean out.
    Inventor/Manufacturer:
    KoppLift™ Hand Truck Lifting Bar
    http://www.amazon.com/shops/JohnGKoppLLC
    Video
    http://youtu.be/FsSViwAEz7A

Luv the WW2 Binocs in first pic !

We are required to insulate the drain line here. It also looks like the suction line coming out of the coil is not insulated.

Does that gas line have a vertical piece of galvanized pipe attached to the horizontal black pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    The gas flexible appliance connector is illegal where it is. It may be used between the end of the steel pipe with an approved shutoff within 3 feet of the appliance valve. It can not be used as part of the gas "piping".
    hearthman, do you remember which year this became code? I saw one house a little over 20 years old with over 30 feet of CSST flex line in craw space and branched off to appliances also with flex line, must be really expensive to install, the tech probably have ran out of black steel in the van, but I kind of hesitate to call it out because of its age, I only have current gas code in hand.

A gas flexible appliance connector, which is listed to ANSI Z21.24, is NOT CSST, which IS considered "gas piping" and is listed to LC-1. A flexible connector is limited by code to 3 feet for all appliances except those expected to be pulled out such as clothes dryers and ovens. The code considers 'piping' up to within 6 feet of the appliance. Even if it is the same material such as steel pipe or CSST, it is still actually a "connector" inside of the 6 feet. Now, all flex connectors must be installed within the mfrs. listed instructions. Most will forbid the use of their connectors through an appliance cabinet. Some will allow it if the penetration is protected by a bushing or grommet, which not only protects it from physical damage but electrically insulates it from the cabinet.

Aside from the easy to find f--kups, they did do a nice job supporting the unit, think positive even if it hurts.

"Sniff-sniff, Honey, did you fart?" "No I did'nt fa- wait a minute the dog farted! SHAME on you Tippy!".
    Damn phosgene

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast