Delta Controls Confusion

We have been taking care of a building for a while that has an old delta controls system in it (around 11 years old). I never really cared how the system works until a few months ago. This building is not very big, it has a basic water source heat pump system in it. First of all what I cant figure out is what protocol is being used. I always thought that delta was one of the first companies to utilize bacnet and I always thought that these controllers in this building were bacnet. The orcaview software on the workstation even has bacnet information in it. However, in the mechanical room there is a big circuit board (DBB 060) that has lonworks printed on it. There are also thermostats controlling the heat pumps (DAC-252-100-G1A) but I cant find any bacnet or lonworks logo on them. What Id like to know is can a Jace be put on this network to replace the orcaview osw? If it can what driver/protocol would be used? I took a couple pictures so im hoping this will make sense to someone else.
    Name:  DBB060 (1).jpg
Views: 266
Size:  100.6 KBName:  DBB060 (2).jpg
Views: 205
Size:  59.3 KBName:  TStatback1.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  39.4 KB

Yes. We have several buildings that are set up that way. You will still need to the Orcaview to view and change the programming inside the Delta controllers. They will come in as BACnet devices and you can learn the points.

I'm not sure about the DBB 060 though.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Thanks for the reply. Does this make sense to anyone else? Ill try to get some information on the thermostats since i forgot to take a picture of them.

I'm not sure about integration into AX, but what you got is Bacnet. That's a DCU on top of a DBB 060, with optional Ethernet card. The Lonworks logo is just for an optional card, which you don't have. Why not just tie into the RS485 and see what you can bring in.

ascj, where is the RS484 port that I can tie into? Which driver would I need to do that? Also here is a picture of one of the thermostats. Thanks for the replies.
    Name:  DeltaTstat.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  17.8 KB

3 terminal connector at top of DBB 060 next to the COM 2 terminal plugs. You will need a BACnet IEA-485 device/router (BASrouter or ETH-1000) to utilize this interface (it appears there is already two comm trunks terminated at the 485 port - so you'll need to remove one temporarily or find the end of line on one of the trunks and connect there) or you could use BACnet/Ethernet or BACnet/IP by connecting at the RJ-45 terminal on the DBB 060 IP circuit board.

kontrol out
    Last edited by kontrolphreak; 03-19-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

thanks for all the input, its starting to come together

I was on site today but was unsuccessful. I brought an FX20 with me to see if I could get it to work. I tied into the RS-485 port and used bacnet mstp but couldnt discover anything. I then tried using bacnet/ip by plugging the second ethernet port of the jace into the DBB 060 board but got the same results. I took a look at the com wiring at one of the thermostats and noticed that it is T tapped and not daisy chained. The deeper I got into the system I started to think if it even is bacnet. I took a picture of the Orcaview tree and noticed that all of the controllers are under the version 2 protocol which makes me believe that this is their legacy protocol. Any other comments are appreciated.
    Name:  ocraview.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  47.9 KB

Not Bacnet, all V2- All the controllers on your navigator pane are programmable "micro" controllers- only a few of us left that know that protocol really well- message me if you want further V2 help