Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Service manual

Quote Originally Posted by skpkey9 View Post
    Hydra - what are you talking about not to have sweat back to the compressor....I think ya need to rethink things abit...on that statement
    On those 4440 tecumsehs the suction inlet should be cool but not to the point of sweating. The suction line will sweat further back but only be cool at the inlet when properly charged. At least that has been my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    Ok. Lets back up. My original post was in response to someone saying data plate is usually wrong and they rarely use it. Then someone said SH/SC is all ya need. Now I understand what you mean but I disagree with what you said. I think the advice you are giving is not in the best intrest of the OP or the others who may be trolling through.
    I'm the one who said that data tags are usually incorrect and I'm the one who said SH and SC and a good thermometer with a PT chart is all ya need to charge a cap system, My company spends more time cleaning up after other companies and last check I havent had a call back in several years so must be doing something right, So you do what you'd like and I'll keep doing what I'm doing...
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

I'm the one who said that data tags are usually incorrect and I'm the one who said SH and SC and a good thermometer with a PT chart is all ya need to charge a cap system, My company spends more time cleaning up after other companies and last check I havent had a call back in several years so must be doing something right, So you do what you'd like and I'll keep doing what I'm doing...
    Sounds like a good idea to me

A broken clock does something rite twice a day. That don't make it a good clock. Do what you do.

Hey guys, thank you very much for the responses. I like reading how different techs use different methods. Hey, if it works for you and its safe, and you get great results doing it thats all that counts. Make your money and have a happy customer. I'm no rookie at refrigeration, just a rookie here on the boards with less than 15 posts. LOL... I, personally have always used the sticker as a starting point. That Coldtech just had a small leak in the liquid line by the filter. I just put in a new filter, repaired the leak, pulled a good vacuum WITH a micron gauge since the last guy did a crappy evac on it, dropped 9 oz of gas in there and moved on to the next. I did find the weigh in on it, a buddy of mine from CA had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    A broken clock does something rite twice a day. That don't make it a good clock. Do what you do.
    Spoken like a true ass !!! Not to mention very unoriginal

You don't know me as well as I don't know you, so you can keep your little comments to yourself.

You haven't a clue except to argue with people , I've seen your posts and a lot of them you are being an ass, one of the main reasons I left this site for awhile, if you can't refrain maybe you should post else where, the other reason is I'm far too busy cleaning up messes left behind by know it alls, like yourself. they keep myself and my techs very busy...

Good luck out there. From what I've read youre gonna need it...
    And that's all I have to say on this subject..
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Happy Easter to everyone down there too. The right people skills could cure callbacks. Do you agree?

Spoken like a true ass !!! Not to mention very unoriginal

You don't know me as well as I don't know you, so you can keep your little comments to yourself.

You haven't a clue except to argue with people , I've seen your posts and a lot of them you are being an ass, one of the main reasons I left this site for awhile, if you can't refrain maybe you should post else where, the other reason is I'm far too busy cleaning up messes left behind by know it alls, like yourself. they keep myself and my techs very busy...

Good luck out there. From what I've read youre gonna need it...
    And that's all I have to say on this subject..
    Now now. I didn't question your knowledge or ability I just expressed concern with the information you were putting out, on an open forum. Telling everyone who looks at this that manufacturers specs are usually wrong and shouldn't be followed is irresponsible at best. Telling people all you need to charge a system is SH/SC but I'm not gonna tell you how is silly. I don't know you that is true but I know the info you have put out is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by hydra View Post
    I agree with Tommy. These critically charged cap systems have to be weighed in or you better have a sixth sense about you to know when it's right. Very little room for error. In this situation I'd shoot for about a 16* evap delta T. (Evap exit air minus vapor temp). Most important thing is to not allow sweat back to the compressor.
    I agree
    Although I feel good when I'm in the neighborhood of 20 degree td
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

It never ceases to amaze me with these owners guys. I have absolutely no problem getting paid from these people. In fact the daughter who is the bookkeeper always has a check waiting on me but they dont want to spend any money on their equipment. Now they own 8 different fast food restaurants known for their burgers and chicken nuggets if that gives you any idea how well off these guys are. They definitely aren't hurting. They have an old Manitowoc ice machine which needs a compressor that they wont buy and some other units they wont spend money on. They would rather buy ice. I guess I cant complain too much, they're paying me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123