Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well, you are welcome to think what you like, of course, but anyone who is still on the hockey stick thing is about 10 years behind the times. To me, that is but one reason why the article posted is terminally weak.

Number one; it is not a peer reviewed science paper. It is not even written by a scientist.

Number two; it's making a 10-year-old argument. How about going against the MODERN version of things?

Perhaps because they are unable?

The fact is, 10 year old data is such that it favors the stated science. That's because the predictions that were made, back then, turn out to have been rather conservative in nature.

Similar to the arguments against evolution; there is no argument in scientific circles THAT IT HAPPENED. But there are rather RABID arguments on the whys and hows. People often confuse the two completely different arguments.

Pretty much the same deal here in scientific circles. Not WHETHER it is occuring, but why and how much?

EDIT: Here is just one example of what I mean. I've often heard the argument by non-scientists that data is skewed and cannot be what it seems BECAUSE Arctic ice and Antarctic ice are behaving differently, so how can we make any declarations, and so on.

If only such an argument had been run by your average scientist before wide dispersal.

Not only is that normal, but expected.

http://nsidc.org/cryosphere/seaice/c...ifference.html
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

How about taxing all the hot air coming from Obama and his pinko cronies mouths...we could balance our budget in no time!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Lego's are made out of crude oil,, not only do they drive me crazy after the little one's spill them every where there hogging up the oil so prices go up. lol

Ban lego's
    kill worms
    Customer is alWays opposite of Left

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    How about taxing all the hot air coming from Obama and his pinko cronies mouths...we could balance our budget in no time!
    And curb CO2 from pouting the air....
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Oh we're headed towards "global warming" alright. It's headed towards a molten pit of sulphur...

The media has been trying to suppress facts as these hippie "scientist" are rooted out as liars and charlatans looking to make a name for themselves to get zillion dollar grants. Many have been caught in their lies and some have openly changed their positions. First of all, to talk about global warming, you need to definitively separate normal natural global warming and cooling from man-induced global effects then to prove how the earth is not compensating for man, what are the reasonably controllable causes and develop long term solutions that are reasonable and acceptable. Some of the eco-psychos are advocating population reduction for example. I agree: we need to reduce the number of Progressive control mongering whack-os who are looking to take over the world in the name of saving it. The bottom line is, everyone is in such a hurry to scoop up the save the earth mania that logic, reason and scientific method went right out the window with our friggin' light bulbs and toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Haha, I have never considered myself as an environmental advocate but, I have drowned many a worm.
    I stopped using (nightcrawlers/earthworms) when I was about 12 or so. Now I'm a real environmental hazard :-) I use plastic, steel, brass, copper, silicone, latex, rubber, chicken feathers, peacock feathers, deer hide, rabbit fur, and who knows what else.

The money I spend is good for the economy and I'm not introducing exotic species into the environment? ?????????????????
    Who comes up with this stuff?

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Quote Originally Posted by rscamaro View Post
    I stopped using (nightcrawlers/earthworms) when I was about 12 or so. Now I'm a real environmental hazard :-) I use plastic, steel, brass, copper, silicone, latex, rubber, chicken feathers, peacock feathers, deer hide, rabbit fur, and who knows what else.

The money I spend is good for the economy and I'm not introducing exotic species into the environment? ?????????????????

...Ron
    You forgot lead

...Ron
    You forgot lead sinkers. We all know lead is good for you. Ive actually started drilling holes through sand stone when I need a heavier weight. Not so much because of my environmental concerns more to give my wallet a rest.

You forgot lead sinkers. We all know lead is good for you. Ive actually started drilling holes through sand stone when I need a heavier weight. Not so much because of my environmental concerns more to give my wallet a rest.
    Sorry. can't use lead anymore in N.Y. They spank your peepee if you are caught with any lead sinkers, or even lead shotgun shells for that matter.

I just melt my old sinkers down and use the remains for filling in seams on cars, like they did in the olden days.

Doesn't the sandstone kind of cut into your monofiliment or whatever you are using at present? Maybe the fish come up already descaled? Hmm. :-)

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Sorry. can't use lead anymore in N.Y. They spank your peepee if you are caught with any lead sinkers, or even lead shotgun shells for that matter.

I just melt my old sinkers down and use the remains for filling in seams on cars, like they did in the olden days.

Doesn't the sandstone kind of cut into your monofiliment or whatever you are using at present? Maybe the fish come up already descaled? Hmm. :-)

...Ron
    Im not really sure its a sand stone i just look small round rocks in creek or river beds. The trick is look for dull porous rocks, they are fairly easy to drill through and no sharp edges. If the rock has any shine to it your gonna break a bit.

Im not really sure its a sand stone i just look small round rocks in creek or river beds. The trick is look for dull porous rocks, they are fairly easy to drill through and no sharp edges. If the rock has any shine to it your gonna break a bit.
    I see what you are doing. Cheap and keeping it natural, cool. I don't really think that I've used any weights for a long time. I'm either spin or bait casting with lures and such or I have one of my fly rods with floating or sinking line that puts the fly where I want it to go. I pretty much only fish "catch and release" except for a couple of trout per year that I take for my own consumption

...Ron
    Roof Rat

I'm not 100% sure but I believe most of the fishing weights around here are tungsten for the stuff under an ounce. I have seen some split shots that are very shinny that are labled as lead free. I think they are made by Eagle Claw. I have also seen some sliding sinkers that looked like they were brass.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

I've been closing lead split shots with my teeth for over 40 years and I'm not dead yet.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast