Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Best tool bag??

Question Best tool bag??

I had a great bag for 6 years until it wore out.

That was two years ago and I have been searching for the perfect bag ever since. I do mostly res and light comm. It seams most bag are way too big or too small with no way to organize my stuff.

What do you guys use? Does a bag exist for the hvac tech?
    "We'll have to outwit the fiend with our superior intelligence." Yukon Cornelius

Some people are like Slinkies---not good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

I don't think such a bag exist.

I just carry two of them, one for the handtools, one for the meters.

I use a fieldpiece briefcase for my meters as it padded pretty well & I can bring it in every night.

I use a CLC zip up type tool pouch for my most used hand tools, by splitting them up it really drops the weight down & saves your back.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

I have This one, the jailhouse

So far I really like it... I ordered dad This one, The big house.

It's a bit bigger, not much difference, but so far I think I wish I had ordered the big house for myself.

These aren't perfect... but I gotta admit, in my short stint as a service guy, they are on the top of the list and last a long time too.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Quote Originally Posted by amickracing View Post
    I have This one, the jailhouse

So far I really like it... I ordered dad This one, The big house.

It's a bit bigger, not much difference, but so far I think I wish I had ordered the big house for myself.

These aren't perfect... but I gotta admit, in my short stint as a service guy, they are on the top of the list and last a long time too.
    Had to retire the big house after about 3 months, got tired of spinning that big guy around all the time.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Tool-Carry-All
    this is the one i use i love it

Quote Originally Posted by dhvac View Post
    http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Tool-Carry-All
    this is the one i use i love it
    I like the disclaimer

"TOOLS ARE NOT INCLUDED"

13 months and my "The Big House" tool bag from Duluth Trading Company is still going strong. It is better than the crappy heavy Rigid bag in every way.

http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...highlight=tool
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by davidr View Post
    I use a CLC zip up type tool pouch for my most used hand tools, by splitting them up it really drops the weight down & saves your back.
    Sounds like the same bag that I use for my primary bag. I carry my hand tools and a small meter in it and love it. One of the guys had it one day and commented that he didn't like it. I looked it over and remarked that I liked it and at the end of that day it was hanging on my truck mirror empty. He must have really not liked it. Anyway, I have had it for just over a year and still really like it alot. When it does wear out, I will try and replace it with the same thing.

Bobby

Best little bag in the business IMO. http://fastenmsc.stores.yahoo.net/toolpouc28po.html
    Eat a slice of Humble Pie.

I use the same one as ROGERK. It's perfect size and lighter than some of the other bags I've used. Pretty tough too.

Vetopro xl carrys what i need to make life on the roof less of a pain. brfore this i had the clc but got sick of dumping it and tools catching going up suiside ladders.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
    Best little bag in the business IMO. http://fastenmsc.stores.yahoo.net/toolpouc28po.html
    Dittos. Haven't had any problems going up ladders as I always rope it up. Not too small, not too big. Carries just what I need. I do A little bit of everything; resturant equipment, c-stores, commerical, and light industrial so anthing specialized for the type of work I'm doing that day I usually pull from the truck or garage at home.
    So you didn't ask, what you though was a stupid question. Now how, are you going to tell the boss about your stupid screw up?

I try to keep my bag lite and only carry the things I will most likely need, then go back to the truck for whatever else. I also change my bag for the type of job Im working on, if its a PM, or gas,oil,electric service call. also carry different tools for commercial work. Heres a pic of what it looks like. I also carry a small field piecebag with my accessories to my meter. (Sometimes)
    Last edited by weber; 02-04-2008 at 07:59 PM.
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast