Thread: allergies Pet's

allergies Pet's

Does anyone know if the new Infinity electronic/media filter will help with pet allergies.i have a customer who just got kittens and is now allergic to them and ask if there is something to help.I know there is nothing real going to help the allergies except to remove the cats.

anybody?

the system would help, if maintained -- = cleaning OFTEN.

having a 4" pleated filter will help, if changed ea 4 months, or more often.

enuf to prevent allergy = doubtful!
    harvest rainwater,make SHADE,R75/50/30= roof/wall/floor, use HVAC mastic,caulk all wall seams!

If you read thru ASHREA 52.2 1999 you'll gain additional insight. I would recommend you seek out a contractor that utilizes Air Advice -- once this test is made, a full ascertation of fresh air, VOC control, particulate count, RH, etc can be made & the right remedy employed.

Filter Applications
    MERV Application
    1-4 minimum residential, minimum commercial, equipment protection
    5-8 commercial, industrial, better residential, paint booth, finishing
    9-12 better commercial, better industrial, superior residential
    13-16 health care, general surgery, superior commercial, smoke removal
    17-20* clean rooms, high risk surgery, hazardous materials

Obtaining an under-fed rottweiller should help in a short amount of time. Assuming she is not allergic to dogs.

Electronic media filters will help with reducing pet dander, but probably not enough to make a big difference. If you combined the electronic filter with a fresh air ventilation system it would help quite a bit more, but that would be dependant on how much your customer wants to spend to keep her kittens.

Well, I don't know anything so take this w/a grain of salt, but:

I doubt it, although so much depends on the degree of allergy, type of cat (how much it sheds), how often they vacuam, etc..

And I don't see any air filter managing to control shedding cats and etc...

I'm allergic to cats, but adapted to the two 2 we have fairly quickly (thank god). One of my daughters friends can't be in my home for more then 10 minutes w/o itching and red eyes.

I run the furnace fan on at all times. Its running 1000 cfm at the lowest fan speed, and I'm running a 5" media filter - 11 MERV w/electrostatic treatment for pet dander and etc... It doesn't help the friends situation, and my hardwood floors clearly show a fair bit of cat hair at all times. It's a never ending battle.

So I don't see it happening no matter how good the infinity filter is. I don't see how it can get enough of the hair and dander to the filter..

Not a pro's experience, but....

luck,

dan

Shots would work..

something like "plasma cluster" which generate positive and negative ions at the same time would help, +ve and -ve charged ions will catch the allergen when both ions meet then form into water. Also, an air purifier with HEPA filter works too.

I can't see how any filtration setup would work for pet allergies, cats on the furniture all around the house etc.
    We have done so much for so long with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Not even fresh air ventilation, the best air filtering, and perfect humidity control helps with cat allergies. Try an ionic mirage. TB