Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Now, makes you wonder why the DHS purchased a billion and a half rounds of ammunition doesn't it? I will tell you why, because when our currency collapses...and it will!, people are going to be really pissed off and scared.

The Great Depression will will look like a walk in the park compared to whats going to happen. There were far less people then, and folks were far more independent.

People are gunna freak the phuk out!, especially when their stomachs rumble and their isn't any food.

Remember the football stadium during the hurricane Katrina? Imagine that on a national level in every city and town.

Believe me, FEMA is not going to take care of you.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

FEMA is not here to take care of you...But they will 'take care of you.'

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I believe it was about Saddam not wanting to trade oil on the markets based on the US dollar. I believe this to be the same for Libya, in fact Gaddafi was about to implement their own countries currency based on gold that they were mining in their own country. Securing the gold mine was amongst the first priorities for special operations when the country fell.

It all boils down to control and the American petrol dollar....which is on the brink of collapse. Now China has an agreement with Saudi Arabia to build an oil field comprising 50 million sq. feet....about the size of 1000 football fields.

China, Russia, Iran, as well as many South American and African countries no longer trade with each other using the petrol dollar...with more and more countries starting to follow suit.

What this means is the collapse of the West, as our money will not be worth the paper its printed on.

It was just in the news that Russia is buying tons and tons of gold....ask yourself why?

Brian, Bush was a puppet as is Obama. Presidents do not decide foreign policy....the Council of Foreign Relations does. CFR is made up of the worlds wealthiest elite including globalist bankers. It is there to protect their interests around the globe. Givin todays markets, their interests are shifting because the USA is no longer the top player....China is and will be passing us up and leaving us in the dust.

Why cater to a nation of 350 million, when you got one with a billion and a half. Then there is Russia and India, and Brazil etc. etc.

It was good while it lasted folks. Our days are numbered now as we are crumbling from within and being ganged up on abroad. China just visited Russia this past weekend, each country pledging their support for the other. This is huge! and played down by our controlled media.
    Right on the mark, the problem is that Americans are totally uneducated about who runs our country, or western civilization for that matter. To understand it one has to know about the real history, which isn't even touched upon in our educational and national media. We are being constantly lied to or not informed by our newswhore's, who only report what the ministry of propaganda allows.

Most of the news today isn't real news, its entertainment news. They rather headline the news about some poor girlscouts that got snookerd, not to mention that it was stupid adults who made the decision of purchasing the cookies, instead informing us about this unlawfull and criminal cartel.

If you really want to be informed today, your internet connection is the only way to understand and educate yourself, about whats really going on. Our economy is going to implode in a major way, unless we the people change this government, we need to bring down this republocratic political system, for they no longer represent us, they only represent the corporatocracy, who want to enslave us in to good little purchasing lemmings.

Manny don't think we have the power to peacefully do this...well...

What would happen the next time we had a national election...

And no one showed up ???

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I believe you are full of it cehs. In Nam we were fighting to prevent a communist take over of S Vietnam. Unfortunately we had a C&C LBJ who didn't want to win when we were winning and America got fed up of with losing American soldiers for nothing so the commie loving Democrats pulled the plug and the commies took over S Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia to the cheers of the anti American hippies and the left. The US lost face around the world our military moral was at a all time low but got worse under Carter and only regained pride under Regan.

The domino theory worked and we lost 3 countries to the evil empire thanks to the commie loving Democrats. Now I was opposed from the get go to fighting Iraq who were keeping Iran in check and allowing religious and civil freedom in Iraqi provided you didn't oppose Saddam.

He was rough on the Shiites and Armenians who opposed him and got aid from Iran. Now we have chaos lost over a 2 trillion dollars in the WTC, two wars in Iraqi and one in Afghanistan, a global war against Islam, security every where, etc., etc. Yeah great move attacking Iraq. Saddam is a saint compared to what we have in Iraq now, all the Christian are either gone or in hiding, women are under strict Sharia law, etc and we are looked down on by most of the world for our efforts. Yeah great move, fantastic move getting rid of Saddam. The greatest disaster in US history other than the War Between the States IMHO. Thank you, thank you very much
    Let me ask you Glenn, lets say we would have won the Vietnam war, would you think that Vietnam would be better off then they are today.....or worst off ???

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Glenn, you nailed the before and the aftermath in Iraq perfectly.

But why do you think we invaded Iraq in the first place? I just have a hard time believing the WMD line and that Saddam was such a bad guy. Sure he was a dick but there are many despots in the world and we don't invade them.

IMHO the reason we invaded Iraq was to help Israel. Saddam was bankrolling the PLO and every time Israel bulldozed an Arab home he would pay them the value of their home. They and the teachers lobby are the most powerfull lobbies in DC. Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    It was ten years ago that we invaded Iraq. Personally I was against it from the beginning and didn't see a need to start another war. I think it was one of the biggest mistakes we have made. I have a few theories as to why we did it. Its hard to say for sure. What do you guys think was the reason/s that we attacked? Do you believe what Bush said?
    We attacked to take a stand against the evolving terrorism of this world. I was there in Iraq: 2009, 2010, and 2011. I did see all lot of good, and I seen a lot of bad. I choose to focus on the good. I love my Country and pray for my President to make the right choices, does he hit 1000, no, neither do I. I am proud of our Troops in what they did and are still doing for all of us all over the world.

God Bless the USA

Respectfully,
    d

Quote Originally Posted by bkmichael65 View Post
    Why did we invade Iraq? Look at how much money people like Dick Cheney made in this endeavor and the question kinds of answers itself
    Yep, the Haliburtons and many other defense contractors have very strong lobbies and make a lot of money off of war. But Cheneys close ties to the money that was made, talk about conflict of interest, is so obvious that it makes us look down right stupid IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    IMHO the reason we invaded Iraq was to help Israel. Saddam was bankrolling the PLO and every time Israel bulldozed an Arab home he would pay them the value of their home. They and the teachers lobby are the most powerfull lobbies in DC. Thank you very much
    Yep, I agree this was a factor along with many Christians who would rather have Israel in control than the Arabs.

Quote Originally Posted by dradar View Post
    We attacked to take a stand against the evolving terrorism of this world. I was there in Iraq: 2009, 2010, and 2011. I did see all lot of good, and I seen a lot of bad. I choose to focus on the good. I love my Country and pray for my President to make the right choices, does he hit 1000, no, neither do I. I am proud of our Troops in what they did and are still doing for all of us all over the world.

God Bless the USA

Respectfully,
    d
    I think we all have respect for our troops. Its our government that I'm not so sure about.

As far as what guys like Cool and Roy are saying. I do believe there are world forces and interests that play a role in what happens. I'm not sure how big or concentrated those forces are. I know you guys think they are all powerful. Maybe your right. I'm not at that point.................yet.

I've always known not to trust any politician. Most of them are bought and paid for one way or another. But Bush and Iraq in my eyes has such a stench to it even ten years later that I have lost much of whatever respect I had left for government. Thousands of lives were lost, trillions of dollars were spent, and I would like to feel I really knew why. Spending money that as a country we dont really have, and killing our young men should only happen if the reasons are clear, honest, and just.

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Let me ask you Glenn, lets say we would have won the Vietnam war, would you think that Vietnam would be better off then they are today.....or worst off ???

Roy
    Ask that question to the surviving officers, NCOs and S Vietnam government officials who were imprisoned for 8 to 15 years in "reeducation camps". I have talked to quite a few who occasionally attend our GA Vietnam Veterans Alliance meetings. You would believe the horror stories they will tell you. The S Vietnamese who weren't Viet Cong weren't treated that much better either. I'm sure you could tell some stories yourself what it was like to live in a defeated country with what all you had to go through.

In general the S Vietnam when through a "reconstruction" not all that unlike from what the South went through after the Civil War under the tender mercies of the Radical South hating Republicans and Abolitionists. Nah I think it would have been the difference like between 20 years of hell and 20 years of peace. Now today IMHO they would be a lot more prosperous just like Hong Kong or Taiwan compared to Red China. Thank you, thank you very much
    Last edited by glennac; 03-25-2013 at 04:30 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by dradar View Post

God Bless the USA
    Respectfully,
    d
    I agree with what you and our troops were there for in your eyes and I would have been there with you if I was around 35 years younger. We go were we are ordered to and do our best. I just don't think it was the right war in balance for us to participate in for the reasons given by my earlier post. Just like the soldiers on both sides in the Civil War. That must have been the worst war ever having to fight brother against brother so to speak.

I do believe in why we went to Nam regardless of what everyone else thinks however and the commies and the commie lovers here at home made sure we lost that one when we never had too. Just like they wouldn't let us defeat N Korea and Red China. MAcArthur wanted to use the bomb on them and that would have ended their aggression and save 80% of our casualties in Korea. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    True, Bush was not calling the shots. But do you think he knew that? Do you think he was naive enough to believe the WMD reason?
    Willy Clinton believed the govmt intell.

Obama had no experience, but Bush had no foreign affairs experience. So how would he know he was being duped?
    I think Bush was HONEST with what he told the citizens, but the media twisted his meaning, and we believed them because that is what they wanted us to believe.
    As far as was it worth it, NEITHER was was worth what we accomplished.
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12