Wireless Thermostat Advise

For a variety of reasons, I believe relocating my thermostat would help my air conditioner cool my house more evenly. AC is a heat pump (1 Cool/2 Heat). I am not certain on the new location (two options). Neither option is convenient for wiring.I would like to try a wireless thermostat. Prior to calling local dealers to see what they offer, I would like to see what you "pro's" recommend (or more importantly which brands to avoid).

I don't need internet or smart phone access (will consider if it fits my requirements). I would like to replace my current thermostat with a wired thermostat/receiver and have a remote wireless thermostat so that either could control the AC. In searching the 'net I found the White Rodgers 1F85RF-275 (discontinued) which seemed to do what I want. What other brands have similar capabilities ?

Thanks for any advise.

Dave

Honeywell Thermostats with Redlink are Honeywell's wireless line and there are a few programmable thermostats to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by mogy View Post
    Honeywell Thermostats with Redlink are Honeywell's wireless line and there are a few programmable thermostats to choose from.
    I thought all wireless Honeywell thermostats required an Equipment Interface Module wired to the AC. Do they have a thermostat which can be wired to the AC and use the wireless Remote Comfort Control?

Thanks

Any wireless stat would need some kind of interface module at the equipment.

Home Energy Products: 170 DW Hwy, Belmont, NH 03220
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 03-26-2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

The Honeywell Prestige thermostat can be equipped with a Portable Comfort Control which can function as a wireless thermostat.

http://yourhome.honeywell.com/home/P...e/Prestige.htm

They also offer the Wireless FocusPRO thermostat.
    http://yourhome.honeywell.com/home/P...usPRO+6000.htm

hepservice, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Any wireless stat would need some kind of interface module at the equipment.
    The White Rodgers 1F85RF-275 (discontinued) has the wireless receiver in the thermostat. If the wireless link is lost, the thermostat controls the A/C. If a "interface module" is the only connection to the A/C, what happens when the wireless link fails?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCoolFl View Post
    The White Rodgers 1F85RF-275 (discontinued) has the wireless receiver in the thermostat. If the wireless link is lost, the thermostat controls the A/C. If a "interface module" is the only connection to the A/C, what happens when the wireless link fails?
    That White Rodgers is a hard wired thermostat, with wireless remote. Its not a wireless thermostat.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    That White Rodgers is a hard wired thermostat, with wireless remote. Its not a wireless thermostat.
    Thanks for the clarification in terminology. A hard wired thermostat with a wireless remote is exactly what I want!! Who makes them??

The Honeywell Prestige 2.0, or "new" Vision Pro 8000, are hard wired, can be controlled with an optional "portable comfort control", and/or you can average the temperature of up to 6 wireless indoor temperature sensors. You can also add the internet gateway later if you decide you want internet/smart phone control of the system.

http://www.forwardthinking.honeywell..._products.html

The Prestige IAQ 2.0 has more features available, including temperature rise/drop based diagnostics.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    The Honeywell Prestige 2.0, or "new" Vision Pro 8000, are hard wired, can be controlled with an optional "portable comfort control", and/or you can average the temperature of up to 6 wireless indoor temperature sensors. You can also add the internet gateway later if you decide you want internet/smart phone control of the system.

The Prestige IAQ 2.0 has more features available, including temperature rise/drop based diagnostics.
    Thank you. The "old" Vision Pro 8000 made no mention of wireless remote. The "new" Vision Pro 8000 is exactly what I think I need.

Any other companies make wired thermostats with wireless remotes ?