Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    I used to be a high volume broiler cook at lone star steakhouse and black angus and several other places before the hvac world...

I get my grill super hot, turn 4 times for marks and set the steaks aside for indirect heat until they are done.

My favorite marinade is a webber packet of garlic peppercorn marinade...it uses oil and vinagar...I use balsamic vinagar and Rosemary olive oil, add some extra 1/4 cracked black pepper and fresh rosemary and marinade overnight...pretty epic...
    "If history repeats itself I am so getting a dinosaur"

Post Likes
    I take the steaks and dry them off good with paper towels put them in the fridge. uncovered and keep turning them and let them dry out good makes a great char. A lot of the secret is in the broiler and a home broiler is not hot enough with low BTU's. My Father sold meat by the train load! When I was 10yrs old I would go with him to the slaughter house. The meat was fantastic than!

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    STOPPIT! I'm just eatin' friggin' chicken again! I guess I need to make a steak budget for myself, or unsubscribe from this thread!

FWIW, I heard about something called "Tatonka Dust" recently, and I'm REALLY wanting to get some for my next steaks. Folks over at a meat smoking forum are raving about it. It's a bit pricey, but I think I'm going for it. A forum member there said his wife created it, he taste-tested for her, made some changes, put it on the market and shaBAM! It's a hit!

I know you enjoy those steaks.
    ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    Can you get to NYC by 6PM!
    Brats and beer on the grill tonight
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes

You guy's are better off! Those Prime full of fatty grain steaks are no good for us! But how many things are!

Post Likes
    You guy's are better off! Those Prime full of fatty grain steaks are no good for us! But how many things are!
    Telling a man to not eat steak...
    Is like telling a tech to not use a DMM...
    Or many other things...
    Ga-HVAC-tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Beware the Dunning-Kruger effect

Post Likes
    One of my friends made a suggestion a few years ago! He said to put the oven in self clean and somehow jump out the door lock! I tell you he had me thinking!

Post Likes
    One of my friends made a suggestion a few years ago! He said to put the oven in self clean and somehow jump out the door lock! I tell you he had me thinking!
    d

Have heard that... never tried it... have a gas oven... the self clean cycle is not that good... so never took the idea seriously.

Do you guys in Manhatten have gas grills on your balconies? Down here it is illegal (fire hazard). Most of us who live in traditional houses... have a propane (or piped N-gas) grills... I may get out there and play a bit... Would be fun to try some new ways to cook a steak!

Has Salmon for dinner last evening... pan fried... just douse it with Italian dressing and slow cook it... then a little dill weed/butter sauce seasoning... MMMM

Back on the grill thing: One of the thing I enjoy... is grilled vegetables. Cook them off to the side, cook them just enough to get soft (like soft steaming). The mix of grilling (slightly charred), and just soft, makes for tasty sides with a good steak or chicken breast.
    Ga-HVAC-tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Beware the Dunning-Kruger effect

Post Likes
    No tanks allowed in a multi family building. Even at the supply house they can't sell tanks of propane ect. Unless they are the only one in the building, and they are locked in a cage! This all came about some years ago. Someone was storing leaky tanks in his basement! Bad da Boom!

Post Likes
    OH my god! It's looking yummy! I want to eat right now.

11. Likes Ga-HVAC-tech, coolperfect liked this post
    Post Likes
    Name:  ACDA8F98-3193-4ACF-A85F-A0D952968130.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  104.3 KB
    My Apple thread, I turned out to be right on every prediction! Sent from my IPhone X the future of smartphones!

Post Likes
    Nice cuts!

14. Likes coolperfect liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234