Thread: Time to travel

Time to travel

I am retiring. It was my life’s dream to travel. I plan to travel next few years.

First leg of my journey is to Zigzag across North America; Rather than wondering aimlessly, I thought it would be nice if I stop by to meet a few Hvac-talkers (if you are near my route of travel). I am looking for a few people who would like to meet up with me. Someone who can spend a few hours may be a day to show me some of the interesting place in your area.

I will be traveling on a van. I plan to stay mostly at campgrounds, if there is not a good campground available in your area; I might need to park my van in your driveway for the night. (I may need a place to take a shower also).

I plan to start my North America journey approximately 10 months from now. Duration for this leg is approximately six months. If you like to meet up, Please shoot me an email; email address in my profile.
    Please include your contact information.
    Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H.L. Hunt

"In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it." John uskin

Quote Originally Posted by dan wong View Post
    I am retiring. It was my life’s dream to travel. I plan to travel next few years.

First leg of my journey is to Zigzag across North America; Rather than wondering aimlessly, I thought it would be nice if I stop by to meet a few Hvac-talkers (if you are near my route of travel). I am looking for a few people who would like to meet up with me. Someone who can spend a few hours may be a day to show me some of the interesting place in your area.

I will be traveling on a van. I plan to stay mostly at campgrounds, if there is not a good campground available in your area; I might need to park my van in your driveway for the night. (I may need a place to take a shower also).

I plan to start my North America journey approximately 10 months from now. Duration for this leg is approximately six months. If you like to meet up, Please shoot me an email; email address in my profile.
    Please include your contact information.
    That sounds like a FABULOUS ADVENTURE! I live near Dallas, no suitable accommodations and I would make a horrible tour-guide, but I wish you the best of luck. It will be a great growth experience, your life will never be the same again. Now for some road music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm5DPlNCmtk

Happy trails, friend.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

That was one of my favorite songs (among many) in hi school and college. ...Memories ....
    I assume you saw the movie “Easy Rider”
    If you like that kind of music; you are probably near retirement also. See if this song means anything to you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiLo5q0wqxU

I plan to visit all the national parks, national monuments, Historical sites, popular tourist Attractions ... and visit a few friends from HVAC-talk (future friend I have yet to meet).
    Unfortunately, my regular conversion van only gets 9 miles to a gallon. At $3.50 - $4.00 / gallon, that will not do. So I decided to use my empty cargo van, rear seat folds down into a bed. It gave me 15 miles to a gallon. Throw in some camping gear… here I go.

Anybody here ever looked back at his or her live? What have you accomplished? Did you contribute anything to this world? When you die how will history remember you? Have you visited all the wonder place you always dream about? __________________________ (add your own)
    Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H.L. Hunt

"In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it." John uskin