+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone else getting old?

Post Likes
    Don't sweat it viceman. Those kids wish they could do half of we had to do at their age. Look at it this way. We can't do as much as them today cause we had to do twice as much as them yesterday. Point and bark when you have kids. You earned it.

Post Likes
    Take some vitamins. Take some DHEA supplements. Take Ginseng. Helps boost energy!

Post Likes
    The problem is, these young punks are weak as hell...

We were doing a pretty big job that required several helpers and there were three of us "seasoned veterans" on the job and we were shocked at how wimpy the new kids were..

After talking about it over some bbq some time later, we thought that maybe they were acting weak on purpose so that the veterans would pull the load....

Hmmmm

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I'm getting younger every year....
    Not sure the diapers and soft food really count as being younger....LMAO

Post Likes
    this is a sad thread:

Gout, I have pinched nerves in both knees, arthritis in my fingers, wrist and elbows and my back has been killing me since '93 when I hurt it installing post holes for my deck ( I figured I was a tough guy and thought I'd save a buck by using a PHD~~~Just stupid )

And I work alone. After installing a furnace, Im am so sore and hurting, I get home and I don't want my wife to even touch me.

I think the only thing on my body that doesn't hurt is my hair
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post

We were doing a pretty big job that required several helpers and there were three of us "seasoned veterans" on the job and we were shocked at how wimpy the new kids were..

After talking about it over some bbq some time later, we thought that maybe they were acting weak on purpose so that the veterans would pull the load....

Hmmmm

GT
    They got you, you know the "old" saying work smarter not harder.

Post Likes

Hmmmm

GT
    Mostly true. I'm not a big guy myself but I can do a mans job. We had a guy a few years back, 20 something, 6'+ 250lb or better that could barely lift his head. No kidding I'm 5'9" 170lb and this guy couldn't help me carry freezer panels. Had to send him home and get a smaller guy to come help. Had another 20 something who couldn't grab a 1hp cond fan mtr by the shaft and pull it up and out of its bracket. Freightshaker however can pack the truck onto the roof if you need it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

I think the only thing on my body that doesn't hurt is my hair
    You still got hair? Lucky.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by meplumber View Post
    You still got hair? Lucky.
    ya, barely
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes

Hmmmm

GT
    GT, who was working "smarter not harder" on that one ?

Been in the trades for, I almost hate to say it, 33 years ! I am not real strong but if you understand how to use mechanical advantage you can look like you're really strong. That is until the "whimps" learn how to use it !

Ibuprofen is my best friend.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagey57 View Post
    GT, who was working "smarter not harder" on that one ?

Been in the trades for, I almost hate to say it, 33 years ! I am not real strong but if you understand how to use mechanical advantage you can look like you're really strong. That is until the "whimps" learn how to use it !

Ibuprofen is my best friend.
    Yeah, we started thinking they were sand bagging... What was funny was we were walking 6"X8"X12' timbers across the roof for sleepers and these guys were acting like they weighed 10,000 pounds.

Ibuprofen and Doans.

GT

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    fin tube is not as elegant as old style cast iron....
    20 pounds verus 100 pounds, screw elegant

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    i spent the last couple weeks dragging cast iron rad's around with 20 somethings. man do i feel old. i get the feeling i am beginning the end of my career. nobody needs a old guy with a sore back. oh woe is me.

Im sure you Played a lot of sports when you were younger, And im sure you gave it a 100 percent. Those memories are Priceless you may be getting old but I'm sure you had fun.
    Customer is alWays opposite of Left

Post Likes
    Good ole BC powders for me. About twice a year my back goes out, then it's cortizone and pain for two weeks. Hell I even have to make sure my back is straight when on the toilet. I work alone also and after an install, like you guys said, absolutely everything hurts. Good old condensers are much better than attic equipment.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zartangreen View Post
    Im sure you Played a lot of sports when you were younger, And im sure you gave it a 100 percent. Those memories are Priceless you may be getting old but I'm sure you had fun.
    i thought i was really cool when i raced motocross. now i have the knees of a 90 yr old, not so cool.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in