Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Broke my back 7 years ago. I don't do as much strenuous stuff as I used to, but my body lets me know when I've done something wrong.

Mid 50s here. You get to know what is going to hurt before you do it. For some reason, I do it anyway.
    And this is just in the school. It's still better than throwing freight for the big box companies.

Compared to a mountain, I have just begun!
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Compared to a mountain, I have just begun!
    Now I feel really old.

Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    i spent the last couple weeks dragging cast iron rad's around with 20 somethings. man do i feel old. i get the feeling i am beginning the end of my career. nobody needs a old guy with a sore back. oh woe is me.
    You know your getting older when you replace a Heating and Air system you installed 20+ years ago, but you just can't remember installing it. LOL! Live long and prosper.

Respectfully,
    d

Quote Originally Posted by dradar View Post
    You know your getting older when you replace a Heating and Air system you installed 20+ years ago, but you just can't remember installing it. LOL! Live long and prosper.

Respectfully,
    d
    This happened to me last summer. I was walking around this facility with that deja vu feeling trying to price a replacement. I took off an access panel to get equipment info and found the startup report with my writing on it and my initials. Huh. Who knew.

Funny, I'm sitting in the Dr office now. Getting old sucks.

Don't sweat it viceman. Those kids wish they could do half of we had to do at their age. Look at it this way. We can't do as much as them today cause we had to do twice as much as them yesterday. Point and bark when you have kids. You earned it.

Take some vitamins. Take some DHEA supplements. Take Ginseng. Helps boost energy!

The problem is, these young punks are weak as hell...

We were doing a pretty big job that required several helpers and there were three of us "seasoned veterans" on the job and we were shocked at how wimpy the new kids were..

After talking about it over some bbq some time later, we thought that maybe they were acting weak on purpose so that the veterans would pull the load....

Hmmmm

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I'm getting younger every year....
    Not sure the diapers and soft food really count as being younger....LMAO
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

this is a sad thread:

Gout, I have pinched nerves in both knees, arthritis in my fingers, wrist and elbows and my back has been killing me since '93 when I hurt it installing post holes for my deck ( I figured I was a tough guy and thought I'd save a buck by using a PHD~~~Just stupid )

And I work alone. After installing a furnace, Im am so sore and hurting, I get home and I don't want my wife to even touch me.

I think the only thing on my body that doesn't hurt is my hair
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post
    The problem is, these young punks are weak as hell...

We were doing a pretty big job that required several helpers and there were three of us "seasoned veterans" on the job and we were shocked at how wimpy the new kids were..

After talking about it over some bbq some time later, we thought that maybe they were acting weak on purpose so that the veterans would pull the load....

Hmmmm

GT
    They got you, you know the "old" saying work smarter not harder.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast