7 28.00%
  • Yes, keep the existing system, it works

11 44.00%
  • Yes, check every transfer, even between family members

6 24.00%
  • I don't know

1 4.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What we really need is background checks on those running for any political office. You don't support the constitution one hundred percent you don't get anywhere near government.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't people get?
    It's a lack of fundamental reading comprehension skills.

People are, by and large, stupid. They don't understand what words mean and, therefore are easily confused.

Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    What we really need is background checks on those running for any political office. You don't support the constitution one hundred percent you don't get anywhere near government.
    This right here is a great idea!
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Ok, let's clearly tackle this subject.

What is the function of a background check? To stop folks who should not be buying guns from acquiring them. If you were a criminal would you buy a gun legally to begin with? Stolen guns are actually much cheaper to purchase on the streets. Stolen anything is cheaper to buy on the streets, this is why people buy stolen items. The idea of removing serial numbers is not to hide the identity of the seller, it is to hide the evidence no serial number no proof of theft. No one goes to jail for removing serial numbers, especially if they are a criminal.

So how could we really stop crime? We could do it the way it was done in the past, criminals were not rehabilitated. The idea of rehabilitation is a liberal idea that you can change a criminal by teaching him a trade or other skill that will require him or her to join society. Well that is just about the most stupid idea, if they wanted bust their humps like we do everyday they would have gone this route. Criminals are in the business of taking a short cut to acquiring assets.

Because we as Americans are dumb enough to believe liberals and their ideas we are putting up with the present system of codling and rehabilitating criminals who once out on the streets go right back to what they perceive as easy street.

We also have fallen for the idea that a first time offender should be left off the hook until they commit a more serious crime. When instead if the full weight of the law was dropped on the heads first offenders, most likely they would not become second offenders. Now I am not saying an eight year old should be sent to the chain gang, but the child must be instructed and that a second offense will not happen. Yes, this can be done in the early part of a citizens life it is called good parenting.
    But I am saying if a cognizant youth commits a crime that would be punished as an 18 year old they should also be punished, not rewarded by no consequence at all.

If crime was under control, the criminal element would be much smaller, government, and all forms of criminal control and regulation would also suffer, and that is the reason we have crime. Government would just about dry up and fizzle out, welfare would shrink, social programs of just about all kinds would be cut by 90%, a lot of government zombies would have to get real jobs.

The above is the scary part imagine no need for background checks? Safe streets, the occasional hardcore criminal would simply be put in the ground to leave us all in peace.

I don't want to offend anyone on this forum, but the Democratic Party was historically the party of slavery, we know the Republican party under Lincoln ended slavery. The Democratic Party was also the creators and enforcers of the Jim Crow laws.
    Today the Democratic party is still the party of slavery, all major cities are Democratically controlled, all have lousy educational systems, all have crime and heavy controls on law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms, as well as to lead their daily lives without government regulations.

These same Cities promote lousy schools which in turn promote lousy neighborhoods, poverty, ignorance, crime, drug abuse, broken families, poor health, and much shorter and miserable lives. I would offer these people are trapped or a better description enslaved by the people who they continuously vote back into office.

Besides being in the hvac business, I am also a landlord, originally most of my tenants were low income, as of late I am clearing most of these folks out as the area is starting to be revitalized. My office is just down the street from these rental units, I know just about everybody in the area. This has allowed me to pick the brains of most of these so called (actually government created) poor. They are really paid voters, and these rental areas are actually voter storage facilities.

My question to my tenants has always been "Has government actually made your life better, are you any better off?" The answer is mostly always the same "It is too late to change things now". Ok, I guess you like being a slave to the government.

Most of these folks think I am nuts, one said I was the hardest working white man they had ever known (my 6 and sometimes 7 days weeks). What they don't understand is what I do is not work to me, it is fun, I like doing both landlording and hvac. Every year I take a month off maybe at two weeks at a time, or like this winter taking every Friday off for 2 months.
    What they don't realize is that I have the ultimate freedom, because I don't depend on a hand out to survive. If the checks stop for them, they have no way to get then flowing again short of crime. What they don't realize is that they put my children through private school and my daughter through college, they paid for her Masters degree. They bought most of my rental properties, and they even funded my wife's purchase of her Dairy Queen.

What am I thinking! Yes, we need background checks and keep voting Democratic.
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

The day the gubba can round up some executive banksters after they build a clear case of criminal fraud,slap the klinkers on them and haul them off to prison,will be the day I agree to any further background checks. Until that time SIWTSDS.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by AtticAce View Post
    Ok, let's clearly tackle this subject.

What is the function of a background check? To stop folks who should not be buying guns from acquiring them. If you were a criminal would you buy a gun legally to begin with? Stolen guns are actually much cheaper to purchase on the streets. Stolen anything is cheaper to buy on the streets, this is why people buy stolen items. The idea of removing serial numbers is not to hide the identity of the seller, it is to hide the evidence no serial number no proof of theft. No one goes to jail for removing serial numbers, especially if they are a criminal.

So how could we really stop crime? We could do it the way it was done in the past, criminals were not rehabilitated. The idea of rehabilitation is a liberal idea that you can change a criminal by teaching him a trade or other skill that will require him or her to join society. Well that is just about the most stupid idea, if they wanted bust their humps like we do everyday they would have gone this route. Criminals are in the business of taking a short cut to acquiring assets.

Because we as Americans are dumb enough to believe liberals and their ideas we are putting up with the present system of codling and rehabilitating criminals who once out on the streets go right back to what they perceive as easy street.

We also have fallen for the idea that a first time offender should be left off the hook until they commit a more serious crime. When instead if the full weight of the law was dropped on the heads first offenders, most likely they would not become second offenders. Now I am not saying an eight year old should be sent to the chain gang, but the child must be instructed and that a second offense will not happen. Yes, this can be done in the early part of a citizens life it is called good parenting.
    But I am saying if a cognizant youth commits a crime that would be punished as an 18 year old they should also be punished, not rewarded by no consequence at all.

If crime was under control, the criminal element would be much smaller, government, and all forms of criminal control and regulation would also suffer, and that is the reason we have crime. Government would just about dry up and fizzle out, welfare would shrink, social programs of just about all kinds would be cut by 90%, a lot of government zombies would have to get real jobs.

The above is the scary part imagine no need for background checks? Safe streets, the occasional hardcore criminal would simply be put in the ground to leave us all in peace.

I don't want to offend anyone on this forum, but the Democratic Party was historically the party of slavery, we know the Republican party under Lincoln ended slavery. The Democratic Party was also the creators and enforcers of the Jim Crow laws.
    Today the Democratic party is still the party of slavery, all major cities are Democratically controlled, all have lousy educational systems, all have crime and heavy controls on law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms, as well as to lead their daily lives without government regulations.

These same Cities promote lousy schools which in turn promote lousy neighborhoods, poverty, ignorance, crime, drug abuse, broken families, poor health, and much shorter and miserable lives. I would offer these people are trapped or a better description enslaved by the people who they continuously vote back into office.

Besides being in the hvac business, I am also a landlord, originally most of my tenants were low income, as of late I am clearing most of these folks out as the area is starting to be revitalized. My office is just down the street from these rental units, I know just about everybody in the area. This has allowed me to pick the brains of most of these so called (actually government created) poor. They are really paid voters, and these rental areas are actually voter storage facilities.

My question to my tenants has always been "Has government actually made your life better, are you any better off?" The answer is mostly always the same "It is too late to change things now". Ok, I guess you like being a slave to the government.

Most of these folks think I am nuts, one said I was the hardest working white man they had ever known (my 6 and sometimes 7 days weeks). What they don't understand is what I do is not work to me, it is fun, I like doing both landlording and hvac. Every year I take a month off maybe at two weeks at a time, or like this winter taking every Friday off for 2 months.
    What they don't realize is that I have the ultimate freedom, because I don't depend on a hand out to survive. If the checks stop for them, they have no way to get then flowing again short of crime. What they don't realize is that they put my children through private school and my daughter through college, they paid for her Masters degree. They bought most of my rental properties, and they even funded my wife's purchase of her Dairy Queen.

What am I thinking! Yes, we need background checks and keep voting Democratic.
    wait, what....your wife own's a Dairy Queen?

again, very well said
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Looks like 72 percent dont mind having their rights infringed so far.....
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

i'm far more worried about the government's criminal attacks on gun ownership then i am about criminals getting guns

One of the solutions to keeping guns out of the wrong hands is making sure they only end up in the right ones. Of course that doesn't work in reality, because criminals will always do whatever it takes to get whatever they want. Since criminals will always break laws does that mean we might as well have no laws? I think not. I offer no perfect solution of my own because I am not smart enough to come up with one. I don't think anyone is. I do think I should not have to break the law to have the opportunity to defend myself on an equal footing with whatever the criminals can obtain. An instant background check does not interfere with that and only goes to help enforce my first statement. The only problem I have is what they pick and choose to ban as assault weapons. Like I say, if the guy who wants to steal my big screen and rape my wife can get his hands on it, then so should I.
    "If you've eliminated all other possibilities whatever remains must be the truth."

Quote Originally Posted by jmsmars1 View Post
    One of the solutions to keeping guns out of the wrong hands is making sure they only end up in the right ones. Of course that doesn't work in reality, because criminals will always do whatever it takes to get whatever they want. Since criminals will always break laws does that mean we might as well have no laws? I think not. I offer no perfect solution of my own because I am not smart enough to come up with one. I don't think anyone is. I do think I should not have to break the law to have the opportunity to defend myself on an equal footing with whatever the criminals can obtain. An instant background check does not interfere with that and only goes to help enforce my first statement. The only problem I have is what they pick and choose to ban as assault weapons. Like I say, if the guy who wants to steal my big screen and rape my wife can get his hands on it, then so should I.
    anyone that wants to rape my wife is on there own, I hope they "know Jesus" cause they are about to meet him (or if your my wife "her"~~~please, don't get me going) he or they better be in a Abrams tank.

I broke out some handcuffs and rope once and I said "were going to have a little fun tonight" ....I don't remember anything after that. I do remember waking up on the couch
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

the largest groups of people with guns in the wrong hands is the BATF, Department of Homeland Security, and the DOJ

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post

We're all doomed!
    New 'bill of rights' will be drafted by "classified"

Is this some sort of joke?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast