• Yes, keep the existing system, it works

11 44.00%
  • Yes, check every transfer, even between family members

6 24.00%
  • I don't know

1 4.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

POLL: do you suppor Instant Back ground checks to purchase any firearm

The gun ban folks say that 92% Americans are for back ground checks? do you agree
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Im not opposed to it as I know I can pass it as I have passed many government background checks. The fee would be the only stickler for me..... over 20 bucks and I would feel it was some kind of racket.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

We do back ground checks already. From what Im gathering this "new" back ground check system is going to Create a Registry of all gun owners. IF that is true then NO, NO, NO im not for it. There are limited reasons to create this registry, they are confiscation or taxes..
    What else can the Government do with this list? Leak it to a newspaper so all gang members know which homes to target when were out working our asses off? Oh wait they already did that..

All of these BS feel good gun laws are not going after the problem. In Wayne Lapierre's CPAC speech he stated that 76,000 people tried to purchase guns and were flagged by the current back ground check system. ONLY 13 people were successfully prosecuted... What we need is the Government to do their jobs and investigate these people. Because when they cant do it legally, they wont just give up, they will purchase a gun illegally. This is the best part... WHat does Vice President Joe Biden have to say about this????? "They don't have time to prosecute"..

Are you kidding me?
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    We do back ground checks already. From what Im gathering this "new" back ground check system is going to Create a Registry of all gun owners. IF that is true then NO, NO, NO im not for it. There are limited reasons to create this registry, they are confiscation or taxes..
    What else can the Government do with this list? Leak it to a newspaper so all gang members know which homes to target when were out working our asses off? Oh wait they already did that..

All of these BS feel good gun laws are not going after the problem. In Wayne Lapierre's CPAC speech he stated that 76,000 people tried to purchase guns and were flagged by the current back ground check system. ONLY 13 people were prosecuted... What we need is the Government to do their jobs and investigate these people. Because when they cant do it legally, they wont just give up, they will purchase a gun illegally. This is the best part... WHat does Joe Biden have to say about this????? "We don't have time to prosecute all of these people"..

Are you kidding me?
    agreed
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Its not that we dont have to investigate or prosecute people.... its that the taxpayers wont stand for government agencies to grow to a size that will allow them the manpower to investigate and prosecute.

Its also the way government jobs work.... those people have set workplace rules and they follow them to a tee....usually with disastrous results.

They already know who the gun owners in this country are..... whenever your purchase a firearm thru a dealer you leave a trace.... when you sign up for a carry permit....you leave a trace.

A background check between friends or family isnt going to add a whole lot of people to that list.....because those folks are probably already on the list thru one of the methods listed above.

We long ago opened the door to this when we started letting the government regulate the ways we can use store and carry our guns..... a little rule here...a law there..... some folks griped but most went along with it cause it didnt negatively affect them.....

People didnt think about giving them an inch or two.....and what usually happens after that.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Im against it just because I dont want the federal government having a list of what guns I have. Its a setup. After they pass this and they have lists they could pass some kind of law and they will know where to go looking. We must look at the bigger picture.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Criminals won't bother anyway.

More stupidity and waste from the Feds.

More unconstitutional mandates on law abiding people.

Eff universal background checks until they can bring it to the streets of DC, Chicago and New York.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Criminals won't bother anyway.

More stupidity and waste from the Feds.

More unconstitutional mandates on law abiding people.

Eff universal background checks until they can bring it to the streets of DC, Chicago and New York.
    And ever then, Eff 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by bullmoose View Post
    Im against it just because I dont want the federal government having a list of what guns I have. Its a setup. After they pass this and they have lists they could pass some kind of law and they will know where to go looking. We must look at the bigger picture.

Who gives two ****s what the government knows I have. As long as I purchased it legally, i could give a **** less. I have no intention of attempting to overthrow the government with my hunting rifles, maybe upending a few whitetails about as radical as I'm ever going to get. Hell i'm no match for a well armed drone trying to pepper my ass!The fee or tax or whatever they want to call it bothers me more.

I am totally opposed to having background checks for private gun sells. This gives a monopoly to licensed gun dealers and the value of your gun has just dropped because you will have to pay out the nose to go through a gun dealer to pass your gun on to a relative or sell it to a friend.

That my friends just sucks. Those who like a communist government go ahead. I'm against it especially since we are already been hit by higher taxes, excessive dept which needs to be paid off, Obama care and a communist President. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by AC5096 View Post
    Who gives two ****s what the government knows I have. As long as I purchased it legally, i could give a **** less. I have no intention of attempting to overthrow the government with my hunting rifles, maybe upending a few whitetails about as radical as I'm ever going to get. Hell i'm no match for a well armed drone trying to pepper my ass!The fee or tax or whatever they want to call it bothers me more.
    Wow, where'd ya go? You can go ahead and tell em what you have. Mine are legal too, still dont need them in anymore of my business where they dont belong! But its good to know that you will fall right in with the idiots in Washington. Good luck to ya buddy....

Let's look at this practically:

Let's say someone who on the surface should not pass a typical background screening enters a store to buy a gun/ magazine or ammo. He has already made the decision to violate his probation and can be sent back to jail. If the store turns him down, will he give up? Certainly not. He will go to the black market and get the gun anyway. So where is this background screening a "deterrent"? Where does it prevent him securing an illegal weapon? It does NOTHING.

Now, what constitutes an issue that would preclude one from purchasing a firearm, ammo or magazines and who determines it? Well, we have State and federal laws that disagree. The feds want total control over who gets what or not and reserves the right to enforce their decisions when and where they see fit. It is already a federal crime NOT to enforce federal laws but when is the last time a POTUS was arrested for failure to do his job? So, let's look at two criteria most often quoted as grounds for refusal: felons and psych patients.

Felons: So, if I cheat on my taxes, I am refused my right to defend myself for the rest of my life? In other words, I lose my US citizenship. In a way, yes, you lose those rights while incarcerated but why should you lose them permanently? That is unjust. This is a life sentence regardless of the rest of the terms of your sentencing such as restitution, counseling, or incarceration. This is unfair punishment. So, what do we do with known violent offenders to keep them from buying guns? For starters, DON'T LET THE BASTARDS OUT!!!! Ok, so let's say we have a guy who committed one offense for lesser violence, did time, received anger management classes and has been declared over his anger. Does he lose his rights forever? No, he should not. On the other hand, if a perp is a repeat offender showing a pattern of violence, why would you let him out anyway?

As for psych patients, who determines what degree of emotional duress constitutes lifetime forfeiture of your rights?

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't people get?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast