Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    as you suggested there are 2 area codes halo fire stuck closed which could happen with the inducer motor running after shut down and a high fire stuck closedafter clearing the drain of the little moisture the tenant the furnace will fire and run fine all pressure switches have been changed already with new ones

Quote Originally Posted by carsafterwork View Post
    the factory said they are seeing a small amount of moister in the tube causing the problem but don't know how to solve it yet the board is not giving an error but the symptoms are failure to lite or lighting and going out as the unit cycle to low fire mostly failure to lite
    That could be or it could be a number of other things. Best to call a qualified tech out to resolve the issue

If the sw is dropping out, I would think it could be something in the tube to the sw.
    I have seen tubes fill with water when they are in a cool environment, and the gasses going through the tube are high humidity, the tube sweats on the inside and fills up.
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

What size flue and vent pipe, and how long of a run. Are you sure there are no sags in the line.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    That could be or it could be a number of other things. Best to call a qualified tech out to resolve the issue
    are you suggesting i'm not qualified

Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    If the sw is dropping out, I would think it could be something in the tube to the sw.
    I have seen tubes fill with water when they are in a cool environment, and the gasses going through the tube are high humidity, the tube sweats on the inside and fills up.
    after talking with tech support again we t-d the 2 vacuum ports to gain a higher volume but earlier when the tube was checked there was no moister present

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    What size flue and vent pipe, and how long of a run. Are you sure there are no sags in the line.
    the flue is vertical 20 feet with no horizontal line to sag on a 60,000 BTU with both pipe hooked up no change when vent was disconected

GREMLINS !
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    GREMLINS !
    big hairy ones

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    i have to ask, is the switch failing? or doing its job?

these furnaces do not like a poor drain system. ive seen a slight sag in the line from the cold end header box to the trap causeing a double trap effect. secondary would fill with water untill the door switch would open, fault out and during restart the inducer is off so the secondary drains and the proccess starts all over.

in this case the switch was doing its job.........

check the entire drain system...
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

the drain is good and the switch checks out with open close on que the problem is it dose not maintain the pressure to lite caused by a small amount of moister in tube don't know why its there or how is getting there when the drain is not backing up

Thanks for all the responses we have narrowed it down to a moister problem causing the pressure switch to fluctuate below the min to lite or stay lite what we have not figured out is how and why the moister is there. To temp fix we have joined the 2 lower ports together with a tee and connected to the pressure switch allowing more volume for the vacuum to work we'll see if it makes it though the night the factory is working on the problem for a permanent fix I'll post the results

Quote Originally Posted by carsafterwork View Post
    Thanks for all the responses we have narrowed it down to a moister problem causing the pressure switch to fluctuate below the min to lite or stay lite what we have not figured out is how and why the moister is there. To temp fix we have joined the 2 lower ports together with a tee and connected to the pressure switch allowing more volume for the vacuum to work we'll see if it makes it though the night the factory is working on the problem for a permanent fix I'll post the results
    any chance the induced draft motor impeller could be throwing condensate into pressure switch tube?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast