Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

gmvm96060 low fire shut down

I have a question on a problem with the gmvm96 with the vacuum switch if others have had a problem and what you have done to solve I'm talking about the drain port or front door switch as it has been called

gmvm96 low fire cut off

has any one been having problems with this furnace beside me

Quote Originally Posted by carsafterwork View Post
    I have a question on a problem with the gmvm96 with the vacuum switch if others have had a problem and what you have done to solve I'm talking about the drain port or front door switch as it has been called
    what kind of problem? pressure switch lockout? If the board says pressure switch problem from experience that could mean anything, i think if the board can't figure out the problem it just blinks pressure switch.
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.andersonhvacservice.com

the factory said they are seeing a small amount of moister in the tube causing the problem but don't know how to solve it yet the board is not giving an error but the symptoms are failure to lite or lighting and going out as the unit cycle to low fire mostly failure to lite

I urge any one who has had problems with the gmvm96 furnace to respond the problem I'm having is some times the burner dose not lite and other times it will lite but shut down when the system drops to low fire the system goes though a normal start up and glow stick but no burner the gas valve has been replace and is level there is voltage at the gas valve and gas pressure is normal on inlet side the front pressure switch cycles from .50 to 0 back and forth until you blow though the tube then it will run a few cycles normal but fail again in a 1/2 a day or less the unit is level and drain clean

Could be several things. Did you install this? How old is it? Has anybody checked the flue piping? Is it on LP?
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

I don't care what the distributors say, but this new generation of pressure switches are cheap and crappy. At such low inches of water column they are expected to operate at, just brings out the gremlins. Change out the low pressure switch and be done with it...should still be under part warranty. Married to a few Coleman, Goodman, and York units that are all modulating and seem to flake out every few years on the low pressure switches, all made in Costa Rica by MPL. 100% pieces of SH!@#.

Yes I've been dealing with York pressure switches also but we have change all the pressure switches on this furnace it is only 60 days old and has been acting up for some time factory say it could be moister getting in the port during long run times I think that a guess because they don't know more testing should of been done

Quote Originally Posted by carsafterwork View Post
    I urge any one who has had problems with the gmvm96 furnace to respond the problem I'm having is some times the burner dose not lite and other times it will lite but shut down when the system drops to low fire the system goes though a normal start up and glow stick but no burner the gas valve has been replace and is level there is voltage at the gas valve and gas pressure is normal on inlet side the front pressure switch cycles from .50 to 0 back and forth until you blow though the tube then it will run a few cycles normal but fail again in a 1/2 a day or less the unit is level and drain clean

Front pressure switch? Is it the hi or low pressure switch? What do you mean by "cycles from .5 to 0 and back"? At what point is it doing this?

On this model there are 3 pressure switches the one that is hooked down by the drain they called it the front pressure switch the other 2 are the low and high fire this problem still exist with the vent unhooked

Were you teed in to this "front" switch with a manometer while having your meter across it to confirm if the switch is opening and closing and at what point?

Gas pressure on the manifold side?

Did the unit throw an error code?

When a two stage 90%er drops out when it ramps down to low fire, I start looking for water. And I have found even a blockage after the trap can cause the pressure switch errors.

I assume you meant you had voltage across the gas valve before the system shut down, and then you did not have voltage at the gas valve?

Also, on some Goodman 90s the retry can happen so fast that the inducer is still spinning and causing the low fire pressure switch to remain closed, and the board will interpret this as the switch being stuck closed.

You need to know exactly what switch is opening and at what moment. However if you are sure the "front" pressure switch is dropping from .5 to 0 "wc...there is a reason it's doing so, and it's almost always water backing up.

It seams to be a moister problem with the drainage but the drain is clean and outside of vaccum there's no reason for this error

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast