Thread: GX9100 software

GX9100 software

I've posted on this before but didn't get many responses, so I'm trying again. I installed the Johnson GX9100 software on my Dell laptop which is running XP Professional. When I pull up the software and attempt to open a job from the list (which I loaded from a co-worker), it shuts down the application. If I attempt to Save a job that I configured, I get a "Microsoft Error" indicating some sort of "buffer overrun". Now here is the good part: If I install my flash drive (memory stick) which has no info even remotely related to this application into one of the USB ports, it opens, runs, and operates flawlessly. I can open jobs, create new ones and save them with no error warnings, etc. Anybody have any idea what this is all about? ---gman

How about if you use a different thumbdrive?

What model of DELL do you have?
    Does it come with a COMM PORT?
    What version of GX-9100?
    Do you have PMI installed on laptop?
    Do you have MSEA software on it?

Gx9100

CW- No I haven't, I only have the one thumbdrive, but I'll try another one.
    D D C - Dell - Latitude D620
    1-9 pin serial port COM1; RJ11 port COM3
    GX9100 ver 7.04
    Not sure what PMI and MSEA software even is. ---gman

There could be a couple issues:

1) Check the errorlog in C:\WX9100\errorlog or C:\fms\data\gx9100

2) Do you have some terminal services running, if so are you up to
    date with Microsoft Security patches?

3) Cause:
    They were trying to open a DXS file that was created by a newer version of the GX tool with a previous GX version.

Solution:
    Upgrade the GX program to a version at or newer than the DXS file trying to be opened, then open the DXS file.

You can open the DMO file with a text editor to find the version of GX that the file was created in, but the result will be the same. A new file with an old GX version will never work.

Let me know what the results.....

Tried to get to the files from the c prompt as you suggested and got a dos response "could not find specified file path". Went into "explore" and checked the list of files. Opened the Error file and it was empty. The GX version I'm using to attempt to open the dxs files is the same version that created them. I still don't understand how inserting the flashdrive in one of the usb ports makes the problem go away. I used to think I was moderately intelligent, but this computer stuff has me feeling like an imbecile. ---gman

I head there were some issues with runnning McQuay service tools and M-tool on the same computer, I don't know what they are though. So if you happen to have McQuay service tools on it then maybe look into that.

gman, did you ever come up with a solution for this. I am having the exact same issue.

The application should have created a "files" folder. The path should be; C:\WGX9100\FILES, you should see your .ddl,.dmo,.dnc and .dxs files there. And that is where you should place any files you get from you co-worker.

You might want to check the C:\WGX9100 GX9100.EXE Properties. Left click on the GX9100.EXE file select Properties
    Check the Compatibility mode to see if you are running Windows 95.
    Check the Security tab and see if you are Allow-ed administrator permissions for:
    Full Control, Modify, Read & Execute, ect
    I hope this helps.

Setting the compatibility to Windows 2000 (even though I'm running XP) seems to have corrected the problem.

Thank You!

Running version 7.04 on a Dell Precision Laptop Win XP Pro without any troubles.

Maybe it's version related ? Check out Help / About